12-27-2010 05:51 PM
I am running Windows 7, on a fairly new computer, which I got about 2 months ago. When I got the new computer, I installed the wireless printer, a new router, set it up for the network, and another desktop, and laptop as well. Everything has been fine, until about a month ago, the printer would disappear from the devices list. So, I would have to add it back in there. I reinstalled everything, and it was fine.
Now...I get on it today, and it won't scan to my computer, won't scan to e-mail, etc. It will print, though. I ran a troubleshoot, and it says there is no driver. I tried uninstalling it from the Device manager, then shut the computer down, and restarted it. I then reinstalled it from disk, and the computer proceeeded to find the proper drivers. But, nothing has changed. I ran the troubleshoot again, and it says there is a problem with the driver, but I tried downloading it from HP, and still nothing.
Someone please help! I am in school "ONLINE" full time, and classes start back up on Jan. 10. I need to get this thing working.
01-02-2012 03:32 PM
I am having the same problem. The first time it happened, I just unplugged the printer and waited a few seconds and then replugged. It rebooted and work fine for a while. Now it will not scan and the reboot does not work. i have seen other posts about this same problem.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS