Question

Honor Student
bake65
Message 1 of 3 (768 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP C410a All-in-One Printer Driver Patch for AMD Chips is not working on HP ProBook 6565b

[ Edited ]

Oh the irony.  I cannot install the driver for my HP C410a All-in-One printer to my HP ProBook 6565b laptop.  The laptop is running Windows 7 64-bit and an AMD A4-3310MX chip.

I successfully downloaded the patch designed to fix the problem with other AMD chips identfied on the HP Troubleshooting page.

The HP product software installation fails to run in Windows 7 on a computer with an AMD C-50, C-60, or Z-01 1.00 GHz processor. After inserting the HP printer software installation CD or running the driver installation downloaded from HP.com, the setup does not open. You might receive an “HP Installer Setup has stopped working” error message.
However this did not seem to make any difference.  I tried it by Running the download and then by Saving the driver and patch downloads to my hard drive.  In all cases the software installation runs for a few seconds after I accept the User License and then just disappears.  No error message, no lock up, no nothing. It just disappears.

Any ideas?
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (756 Views)

Re: HP C410a All-in-One Printer Driver Patch for AMD Chips is not working on HP ProBook 6565b

Hi,

Try the following steps and check if that may help:

Follow the steps till the licence agreement, click the 2nd link on that screen (Internet connection usage).

Mark both of the options as No, thanks and click OK.

Accept the terms, proceed with the installation and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
bake65
Message 3 of 3 (733 Views)

Re: HP C410a All-in-One Printer Driver Patch for AMD Chips is not working on HP ProBook 6565b

This worked like a charm on the first try. Thank you!!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation