Question

Honor Student
wesleyga
Message 1 of 6 (541 Views)

HP C6280 All-In-One printer software

The PS_AIO_Netwired_Full_Win_WW_130_140 software will not work on my HP Touchsmart 520 computer running Windows 7 64 bit. The package seems to load, but does not recognise any printers even though I have tried upwards of twenty times to clean the computer, uninstall all printer software and and reinstall the package. Hp solution centre will not open and HP photosmart will not respond either. The printer works fine with other software and works normally with Solution Centre and Photosmart with my Laptop running Widows Vista. Had I known this would be a problem with my 502 computer, I likely would not have bought it. I am very disappointed with HP Software and all their software problems.

Master's Graduate
skippyjohnson
Message 2 of 6 (538 Views)

Re: HP C6280 All-In-One printer software

Just to cover the basics, have you already tried this?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-100441-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
wesleyga
Message 3 of 6 (536 Views)

I have tried the Printer Install Wizard several times and it responds that the printer is installed properly and with the most current drivers. Itseems to be more of a software problem than an installation problem. When trying to open Solution Centre it responds "Warning 1909. Could not create shortcut HP solution centre.lnk. Verify folder exists and is accessible." What folder???

Master's Graduate
skippyjohnson
Message 4 of 6 (534 Views)

Try this next?  

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
wesleyga
Message 5 of 6 (529 Views)

I just ran the Print Diagnostics Utility as suggested (did that before too) and everything checks out fine including printing the test page and scanning a document. It's not he setup, it is the HP Soltion Centre Software package that is garbage.

Grad Student
SophiaS
Message 6 of 6 (520 Views)

I found several threads with titles like:  "Warning 1909 Could not create shortcut.lnk Verify that the destination folder exists and that you can access it."

several were fixed with a Microsoft fix releated to user profile.

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved .....

(I am an HP employee)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation