Question

Honor Student
donbear
Message 1 of 9 (1,279 Views)

HP Color LaserJet 2840

My printer was purchased in March 2008 and worked well on my old laptop with Windows XP.  I've upgraded to Windows 7 Professional and the software won't install and I can't raise HP Director or scan documents to pdf formats.  Is there any upgrade to the HP director software I can download to solve these issues.  I phoned HP support but was told there's nothing.  I can't believe that.

Honor Student
bp622
Message 2 of 9 (1,241 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet 2840

I've been fighting this problem too. When I called tech support I was told to go back to XP. What a way to run a railroad.

Student
Furstrated
Message 3 of 9 (1,135 Views)

I have a Hp Color LaserJet 2840 that worked fine with my Windows XP system. I got a new computer that uses Windows 7 Home Premium 64- bit . . .I have had the same problems that others have stated, printer woks but scanner and fax cannot be found. I have been told to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional and that the included XP mode should fix this problem. Has anyone successfully tried this? Also, does anyone know is the XP mode requires a separate purchase after purchasing the Windows Upgrade to Professional?

Honor Student
vols
Message 4 of 9 (967 Views)

I have the same problem & have Windows 7  Professional.  I can print on a wired connection but do not see the director for scan etc.  I can not make a good connection and print with the wireless laptop and we had no problem with the XP program.  When you try to download the drivers it tells you they are in the Windows 7 but when you research it is not clear that they are or are not.  I tried to downloaded a Jan. 19 fix and no improvement because won't let me.  Open to suggestions.

Honor Student
vols
Message 5 of 9 (964 Views)

Update: per www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us the 64 bit is not compatible only the 32 bit so I am sure that is why so much confusion on this project. Verified the drivers on the internet are for the 32 bit only that has been released trying to fix the scanner problem per an HP support person. Sounds like new printers.
Top Student
drdjcasper
Message 6 of 9 (635 Views)

HP is  N O T  as CO(NSUMER FRIENDLY AS EPSON.  I had some issues with an older Epson product.  The tech support team at EPSON walked me through the drivers and even sent the link via e mail.  I contacted HP about the pdf scan problem. I was told to upgrade the printer.  I tried downloading vasious drivers. No Drivers worked.  I UPGRADED TO EPSON where customer support is CONSUMER FRIENDLY.

Top Student
drdjcasper
Message 7 of 9 (634 Views)

HP is  N O T  as CO(NSUMER FRIENDLY AS EPSON.  I had some issues with an older Epson product.  The tech support team at EPSON walked me through the drivers and even sent the link via e mail.  I contacted HP about the pdf scan problem. I was told to upgrade the printer.  I tried downloading vasious drivers. No Drivers worked.  I UPGRADED TO EPSON where customer support is CONSUMER FRIENDLY.

Top Student
drdjcasper
Message 8 of 9 (633 Views)

Top Student
drdjcasper
Message 9 of 9 (632 Views)

HP is  N O T  as CONSUMER FRIENDLY AS EPSON.  I had some issues with an older Epson product.  The tech support team at EPSON walked me through the drivers and even sent the link via e mail.  I contacted HP about the pdf scan problem. I was told to upgrade the printer.  I tried downloading vasious drivers. No Drivers worked.  I UPGRADED TO EPSON where customer support is CONSUMER FRIENDLY.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation