03-28-2012 12:31 PM
Here's a link related to the printer you are using:
Click - Obtain Software and follow the instructions within.
The driver that you need is provided through Windows Update, and should come natively with Windows 7.
Make sure you follow all the steps contained within
Hope this helps!
If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal.
10-24-2014 01:36 AM
Although the Windows Update should work, it doesn't give you a PCL6 driver on Windows 7. I struggled with this and finally went with the HP Universal Print Driver which worked okay for my purposes. Here's the list showing this supports the Color LJ 4600 http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/templat
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS