Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear Team HP and users,

I have problem when installing driver for HP Deskjet D1660.

When I install driver software for HP D1660, I stuck at connect USB. My Printer's USB is connected, but still did not read.

I skipped that part, and I opened Control Panel > Devices and Printers. I found an unknown device named "Deskjet D1600 Series" with yellow triangle in it. I clicked Troubleshoot, and shown "No Drivers found - Not fixed"

I was doing "right click > properties > hardware > properties", and shown

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Element not found.

I clicked "update driver > search my computer for drivers >let me select... > Hewlett-Packard > HP Deskjet D1600 series > yes", but another error shown "Driver cannot install because it is not digitally signed or not signed with a proper way. Please contact your manufacturer"

I used DJ_SF_06_D1600_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_140_175-4.exe file (from HP support) and Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (updated with Windows Update)

*sorry for bad language

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @papin97 

I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your D1660. Please complete the solutions in the following document and let me know the outcome of your efforts; Windows: 'Device Setup Failed to Complete' or 'Unknown Device' Message Displays on the Computer Duri....

Please let me know the outcome of your efforts.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
I did all the steps you mention above, but still cant connect, always error "no driver found". I tried connect to other PC and it connected successfully without any error.
HP Recommended

Hi @papin97 

I think we will need to try a different approach. Please complete the following steps and let me know the outcome;

1. Unplug the printer USB cable from the computer
  2. Hold down the Windows Logo key () on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type %temp%
  3. Delete all files and folders from the temp folder. Choose skip if any pop ups appear saying any of the files could not be deleted
  4. Download the software and choose to save as, save to desktop > HP Deskjet D1600 Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver
  5. After the software downloads and extracts, open the temp folder again, use the instructions from step 1.
  6. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
  7. Open folder Util
  8. Open folder CCC
  9. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have anon-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe
  10. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
  11. Follow these steps to reset the registry settings and options for Windows Installer.

• Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box
    • In the Open box, type msiexec /unregister, and then click OK.
    • Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box
    • In the Open box, type msiexec /regserver, and then click OK
       *Note: there is a space between the c and the /

If you have any difficulty with this step, please use this link to perform it another way. Restarting Windows Installer

12. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tool < How to Delete files using Disk Cleanup
  13. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
  14. Restart the computer
  15. Download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows Do not connect the USB cable until the software prompts you to please.

The HP Printer Install Wizard for Window was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

If you can not complete any of these steps, please stop and post back to let me know where you got stuck. Skipping a step and continuing to the next step will not accomplish what we need to. If you get stuck I will help you through it.

keep me posted. Thank you. Fingers crossed!

mostache.JPG  - In support of Movember

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I got stuck at step 9

When I confirm to uninstall HP apps, I got stuck at uninstalling HP main driver (program not responding)

Screenshot :

HP uninstaller not responding.PNGHP uninstaller not responding details.PNG

Sorry for very long time to reply.

HP Recommended

Hi @papin97 

Sorry for the delay in response. Please run the HP Print and Scan Doctor, and if it does not resolve the issue, look in the Print and Scan Doctor for an uninstall option. Click here to download and run the Print and Scan Doctor> www.hp.com/go/tools

Once the software is uninstalled, restart the computer and run the Printer Install Wizard.

Please download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I used that program and I cannot find any uninstall option (my printer detected but stuck at next step)

I used that printer to print via Virtual Machine, but that took me long time to set it up.

Maybe you can give me any advance troubleshoot? Because any of your basic response was not helpful.

Sorry for very long time reply.

HP Recommended

Hi @papin97 

You mentioned that you used that printer to print via Virtual Machine, so I can't help but wonder now; is the software installed on an actual Windows 7 machine, and not Windows 7 emulated through a virtual machine.

If you are using an actual Windows 7 machine, you can try an alternate profile and a clean boot, but if that fails you might consider reaching out to Microsoft as it seems to be an issue with the operating system.

Microsoft Community

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I mean, I tried using Virtual Machine to try print, and returned no errors.

But I cannot print on an "actual" Windows 7.

Maybe I will do reinstall OS then

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.