Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,342 Views)

HP DJ F4210 long scanned images processing in Solution Center 13

Hi all,

I have problems with Solution Center 13 (v130.0.44.62). Since I installed this version scanning is a nightmare - it takes 5x longer to save an image than with previous version - 11 - if I remember good. The scanning itself is same long, but after it's finished the program processes an image quite long - both cores of CPU are working at 100%. Every action, like modifying marked area, rotating or even saving also requires much more time than earlier

When using v11 I hadn't any problems like that. All actions were done on the fly. Previously I was using Vista x64 and it was all OK. Yesterday I switched to Windows 7 x64 (clean install) and at first I installed Vista drivers as they were supposed to be fully compatible with 7. Generally everything was fine except for some minor graphical issues in scanning application. Today I realized that new software was released for my all-in-1 device, so I downloaded it most of all because it supports Windows 7. And I'm disappointed a little bit at the moment.

I don't know if it's only my individual problem or is it caused by the bug in Solution Center, but I'm awaiting for any suggestions.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate on AMD Athlon 64 6000+ and 4GB.

Thanks for help.

PhD Student
Message 2 of 3 (1,141 Views)

Re: HP DJ F4210 long scanned images processing in Solution Center 13

What is your system model?

Try installing this patch

You will need to click on the link below and choose between 32

and 64-bit

Show hotfixes for all platforms and languages (2)

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,126 Views)

Re: HP DJ F4210 long scanned images processing in Solution Center 13

thanks for your reply. I almost forgot about it.

My system model is 6.1.7600 (Win7 RTM).

About the patch - I'm not  really sure if it's for me. I'm indeed using an ASUS mobo with nForce 570 Ultra, but this patch is supposed to fix USB transfer issues, witch I don't have at all. Scanned images are sent to the computer without any delay. It's the image processing what takes dozen of seconds. When I try to change, for example, highlighted area which I want to be saved, I have to wait about 7-10 sec to be able to press Finish button and save actually.

As I have written before, I hadn't had such problems with v11 of HP software, but on the other hand it wasn't fully compatible with my Windows 7 x64. To be completely clear, I've even  tried using Hamarich VueScan 8.5 to scan my docs and there are no problems/lags at all with pictures processing and saving.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation