Re: HP DJ F4210 long scanned images processing in Solution Center 13 (1026 Views)
Honor Student
homicida
Message 1 of 3 (1,242 Views)

HP DJ F4210 long scanned images processing in Solution Center 13

Hi all,

I have problems with Solution Center 13 (v130.0.44.62). Since I installed this version scanning is a nightmare - it takes 5x longer to save an image than with previous version - 11 - if I remember good. The scanning itself is same long, but after it's finished the program processes an image quite long - both cores of CPU are working at 100%. Every action, like modifying marked area, rotating or even saving also requires much more time than earlier

When using v11 I hadn't any problems like that. All actions were done on the fly. Previously I was using Vista x64 and it was all OK. Yesterday I switched to Windows 7 x64 (clean install) and at first I installed Vista drivers as they were supposed to be fully compatible with 7. Generally everything was fine except for some minor graphical issues in scanning application. Today I realized that new software was released for my all-in-1 device, so I downloaded it most of all because it supports Windows 7. And I'm disappointed a little bit at the moment.

I don't know if it's only my individual problem or is it caused by the bug in Solution Center, but I'm awaiting for any suggestions.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate on AMD Athlon 64 6000+ and 4GB.

Thanks for help.

PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 2 of 3 (1,041 Views)

Re: HP DJ F4210 long scanned images processing in Solution Center 13

What is your system model?

Try installing this patch

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976972

You will need to click on the link below and choose between 32

and 64-bit

Show hotfixes for all platforms and languages (2)

Honor Student
homicida
Message 3 of 3 (1,026 Views)

Re: HP DJ F4210 long scanned images processing in Solution Center 13

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I almost forgot about it.

My system model is 6.1.7600 (Win7 RTM).

About the patch - I'm not  really sure if it's for me. I'm indeed using an ASUS mobo with nForce 570 Ultra, but this patch is supposed to fix USB transfer issues, witch I don't have at all. Scanned images are sent to the computer without any delay. It's the image processing what takes dozen of seconds. When I try to change, for example, highlighted area which I want to be saved, I have to wait about 7-10 sec to be able to press Finish button and save actually.

As I have written before, I hadn't had such problems with v11 of HP software, but on the other hand it wasn't fully compatible with my Windows 7 x64. To be completely clear, I've even  tried using Hamarich VueScan 8.5 to scan my docs and there are no problems/lags at all with pictures processing and saving.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation