Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (294 Views)

HP DesignJet 800 - no Windows 8 driver!

It seems HP has abandoned supporting the HP DesignJet 800 as there is no Windows 8 driver available.   Is there any upgrade for an existing customer who has faithfully used HP plotters for many years or should we look for another manufacturer?

Highlighted
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 3 (282 Views)

Re: HP DesignJet 800 - no Windows 8 driver!

Searching the HP site there is this.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome?sp4ts.oid=20990&ac.admit...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Student
Message 3 of 3 (29 Views)

Re: HP DesignJet 800 - no Windows 8 driver!

Yes...  it would seem a look for another manufacturer is in order... HP is not updating drivers for older plotters.

The link others have provided, to the HP Support page, has drivers for older  OS Win 7 or earlier --- Win 8 and up you get a software download NOT the plotter driver. The software available for download is for the HP Instant Printing Application --- a stand alone printing app - NOT what is needed for Autocad. Seems like we have gone backwards in our efforts to improve our technologies - what was working once no longer works -- any advancements made quickly erode for the lack of support. The problem  -- once companies have made their profits there is no incentive for them to support or care about maintaning their existing prodducts, so time to look elsewhere.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation