09-15-2011 02:45 AM
1. Product Name and Number: HP Deskjet 2050, J510a, CH350C printer.
2. Operating System installed (if applicable) : Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3.
Error message (if any) : I installed the printer software and drivers using the intallation CD provided. I followed the onscreen instructions and when I connect the USB Cable to the printer and the PC, I get nothing. The scrren still tells me to conect the two products using the USB Cable; which I have done. The PC somehow does not detect the Printer if I may assume. I tried diffrernt USB ports on the PC and even a new Laptop running on windows Vista. Still no avail. Are the drivers not on the installation CD? Does the printer have a special USB Cable because I bought a new one since the printer didn't come with one. Please help because I need to get my thesis printed before Sept. 19.
Thanks and Best Regards,
03-13-2012 07:02 AM
You may refer to the below links and use the troubleshooters. Check if it lists and helps resolve any issues: Open the Printer troubleshooter:
You may check if you have the latest drivers installed for the device. You may refer to the below link for getting the latest drivers and check.
HP Deskjet 2050 Driver
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS