Question

Honor Student
hidisar
Message 1 of 4 (788 Views)

HP Deskjet 2514

My printer will not print. Not emails, not nothing. But test prints it will print. I need help. I am not in any way computer savvy. PLEASE help. The printer is a HP Deskjet 2514.

Thanks, H

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 4 (758 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 2514

Hello hidisar,

Welcome to the Forums:smileyhappy:

I saw your post about your Deskjet 2514 not printing anything except test pages. From my understanding, when you try to print anything from your computer, it will not work, however, the printer will print as a standalone unit.

I would like to ask if you could reply to me with which operating system you are running (Windows or Mac) so I can better research this for you.

Thanks!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
hidisar
Message 3 of 4 (753 Views)

I am running windows 8. Thanks for any help you can offer.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (750 Views)

Hey hidisar,

Thanks for responding! :smileyhappy:

First of all, I recommend running this diagnostic tool. This will search for common printing and scanning problems for you and usually correct them.

Try the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

There is a chance the Print and Scan Dr. might detect the software is not fully installed. If this is the case, run this install wizard to find the right driver for your Windows 8 system and it will start the installation for you.

HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows

I hope this helps, please let me know the results and I will respond to you as soon as I can!

Thanks!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation