HP Deskjet 3055A - Software and Driver Installation problems (1547 Views)
Student
IMissStationary
Message 1 of 3 (1,547 Views)

HP Deskjet 3055A - Software and Driver Installation problems

I've recently got an HP Deskjet 3055A all in one printer and have no luck using it.

My operating system is Windows 7 (64bit), I'm using the cd as the primary installation source and intending to connect it via USB port rather than wireless (initially at least).

The installation process seems to go to plan and connecting to the printer seems to work (says a connection is formed).  However, as soon as I try to print (primarily from Microsoft Word), it says it can't connect to the printer.

I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, downloaded numerous HP Print and Scan doctors and Installation Wizards and they say that the software is not configured correctly, the printer is offline (when its not), it's not connected to the right port and that the basic functionality drivers are missing!  I go to fix these problems using these tools, looked on Windows Update for relevant software (on instruction), have downloaded full feature drivers (on instruction) and NOTHING WORKS!!

I'm starting uni in a week and really need to know why I can't make the thing work because all previous experience of HP printers has been idiotproof and without incident!

Thanks in advance!

PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 2 of 3 (1,537 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3055A - Software and Driver Installation problems

Hi IMissStationary,

I hate to hear you are having issues.  From the information provided it sounds like the cable is bad. Please see the steps below that may quickly resolve the issue. Also I would like to check what port is configured in the properties, please see below. If you would like to learn more about your product, Click Here.

Quick steps:

1. Connect with NEW USB cable to an alternate port on the computer

Check this:

1. Go to device and printer folder

2. Right click on printer

3. Select printer properties

4. Click on ports tab

5. What port type is checked?

Let me know the results of the above, I would be happy to help!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
Student
martintp
Message 3 of 3 (251 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3055A - Software and Driver Installation problems

Jeg kan ikke forstå engelsk, men deutch kan bruges  ; Men jeg ønskerhjælp til installation

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation