09-11-2013 02:49 PM
I've recently got an HP Deskjet 3055A all in one printer and have no luck using it.
My operating system is Windows 7 (64bit), I'm using the cd as the primary installation source and intending to connect it via USB port rather than wireless (initially at least).
The installation process seems to go to plan and connecting to the printer seems to work (says a connection is formed). However, as soon as I try to print (primarily from Microsoft Word), it says it can't connect to the printer.
I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, downloaded numerous HP Print and Scan doctors and Installation Wizards and they say that the software is not configured correctly, the printer is offline (when its not), it's not connected to the right port and that the basic functionality drivers are missing! I go to fix these problems using these tools, looked on Windows Update for relevant software (on instruction), have downloaded full feature drivers (on instruction) and NOTHING WORKS!!
I'm starting uni in a week and really need to know why I can't make the thing work because all previous experience of HP printers has been idiotproof and without incident!
Thanks in advance!
09-11-2013 04:02 PM
I hate to hear you are having issues. From the information provided it sounds like the cable is bad. Please see the steps below that may quickly resolve the issue. Also I would like to check what port is configured in the properties, please see below. If you would like to learn more about your product, Click Here.
1. Connect with NEW USB cable to an alternate port on the computer
1. Go to device and printer folder
2. Right click on printer
3. Select printer properties
4. Click on ports tab
5. What port type is checked?
Let me know the results of the above, I would be happy to help!
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
I work for HP.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS