Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Printer HP Deskjet 3920

No drver software is available for operating system Windows 7 64 bit

This is the 4th week since I started search.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Rohan,

Please take a look at this link, which will provide the steps to install the in-operating Windows 7 driver for your printer.  Please let me know if this helps resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hello I am an employee at HP and I just replied to another person on the same type of problem.  I don't know if you already did this but I had the same problem on a different printer and it worked for me.  You have to have the printer turned on and hooked up to your PC and then do a Windows Update.  With Win7 update the process will see that you have the printer and need a driver and should give you the option to download it.  You can then select it and download it and it should work.  Here is also the text from the HP website.  I hope this works for you.

NOTE:When you connect the USB cable to the printer, and then to the computer, Windows 7 activates Windows Update. Windows Update searches online for the most recent product driver on the Windows Update site. If the online driver is more recent than the driver stored in Windows 7, the computer downloads and installs the updated driver.The Windows Update process takes place automatically. Therefore, you might not notice that the process is in progress.
HP Recommended

Thank you for "Reply" (Reply only)

This is the 4th week of this search.

Even today got your popular answer

"0 Result for hp Deskjet 3920"

To my knowledge nobody has got satisfactory solution on similar problems.

I do not want to waste any more time.

This is due to our poor selection "hp".

Thanks.

Lal Ranatunga

HP Recommended

Interesting that you say it does not work.  On the microsoft windows 7 compatibility page it says that the 64bit version does support this printer.  I don't know if you already tried this web link.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=HP%20Des...

HP Recommended

Actually it worked and installed the driver when I hooked the 3920 directly to my laptop (via usb), and it printed a test page.

But when I tried to install/print again using the home network, it DID NOT seem to be able to find the correct driver.

So  - no use yet.  Any idea?

HP Recommended
Are you trying to connect the printer to a wireless router via USB? I can't find anything that says is supports an 802.11b/g/n connection or an Ethernet connection.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Thanks. The weird thing is, that I did succedd to print over wi-fi with my former laptop, Windowx XP. Only with the new one, with Windows & (and now 8), I would install any driver (even from the CD).

HP Recommended
Was the printer shared through the router over the wireless network when you had it setup before? Was it shared through another computer before?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I  had purchased a HP Deskjet 3920 a time ago but I am not able to get its driver as the installation CD only supports Windows XP and 2000 and I had Windows 7 on my computer.I even tries the Windows Update but it just says 'Try again later'.Matter urgent.

Regards

Rohan

HP Recommended

Hello Rohan,

Please take a look at this link, which will provide the steps to install the in-operating Windows 7 driver for your printer.  Please let me know if this helps resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.