Question

Honor Student
ctoefer
Message 1 of 7 (18,307 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Deskjet 6980 software for Windows 7

When is the full software package for my HP Deskjet 6980 network printer be available for Windows 7 Pro 64 bit?
Grad Student
SophiaS
Message 2 of 7 (18,302 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 6980 software for Windows 7

[ Edited ]

Thank you for letting us know you are looking for the Win7 full solution.

The unfortunate situation with the Deskjet 6980 is it will only be supported by drivers HP published with the Windows 7 operating system.

My personal opinion is the drivers HP is publishing in the Windows 7 operating system has most of the features one needs for full featured printing.
General Everyday Printing
Photo Printing - Borderless
Photo Printing with White Borders
Presentation Printing
Fast/Exonomical printing

Additionally there are options for page scaling, tray selection, dozens of paper type selections (including automatic), HP Real-life photo enhancements and others.

Here is information to use this printer with the USB cable.

Installing the Product with the USB Cable and Using the Windows Update Driver or the Driver 

I wish I had an answer that would be satisfactory.

At minimum I wanted to provide you with confirmation that a full solution is not planned.

Message Edited by SophiaS on 12-01-2009 11:33 AM

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved .....

(I am an HP employee)
Honor Student
ctoefer
Message 3 of 7 (18,288 Views)

I have used the windows drivers and my printer is working but would like to use the netwrok feature of the printer. Is it possible to set for network use with the windows drivers?
Honor Student
ctoefer
Message 4 of 7 (18,287 Views)

I have used the windows drivers and my printer is working but would like to use the netwrok feature of the printer. Is it possible to set for network use with the windows drivers?
Grad Student
SophiaS
Message 5 of 7 (18,272 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes,  here are instructions how:

Installing a Product on a Wireless Network (Using an Access Point) with the Drivers in Windows 7

Message Edited by SophiaS on 12-01-2009 02:41 PM

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved .....

(I am an HP employee)
Honor Student
Galaxo
Message 6 of 7 (17,380 Views)

Hi

i have another problem with my printer hp 6983 on windows 7

i am working as a graphic designer and at last my printer is working fine on windows 7 but without HP toolbox but never mind of this, but my real problem is when i print anything on my printer over windows XP the colors appears fine and true but when i print the same thing on the same printer over windows 7 the colors became brighter the the first one and that's my problem i have tested on many versions on windows (both XP & 7) and on many Computers and laptops but the same problem exists so what is the solution for this i think it is in the driver witch integrated in windows 7

thanks ........ waiting for response

Student
Granny_K
Message 7 of 7 (6,454 Views)

Forgive me for asking what may be covered in this section...  This old lady's not that savvy with the printer hookup, and I'm not sure if the network question would also apply to my situation.

I have my HP Deskjet 6980 dt hooked via USB to an old Gateway.   I can, therefore, take advantage of the toolbox and solutions on that computer.

My newer Sony Vaio, with Windows 7 Professional 64, uses the printer via wireless through my router, and works great.      I want to get rid of the old Gateway altogether.

So, if I unplug the Gateway USB connection to the printer and ditch that computer, is my laptop going to continue working through the router via the Windows 7 software, without issues other than some button use and the toolbox/solutions?   (Apparently, I will lose the toolbox and use of some printer buttons, but you have posted a workaround for that.)   

Do I need to download any of the updates offered on the HP website?

I just don't want to remove the Gateway and find that I have a half a day of set up to get my Vaio working with the printer. 

I appreciate your suggestions.  Thanks much!

Granny K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation