Question

Honor Student
crystalbear99
Message 1 of 7 (580 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Deskjet 845c stopped printing in the middle of a job and will not print anymore

My deskjet 845c was printing fine and then suddenly stopped printing in the middle of a page. The power light is on and steady and the orange light is blinking.  I am unable to print at all at this time.

I have followed the troubleshooting listed using the HP Print Diagnostic Utility and have removed and cleaned the ink cartridges but the orange light is still blinking.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 7 (566 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 845c stopped printing in the middle of a job and will not print anymore

There are two possible orage lights that could be blinking, the resume light and the cartrdige light.  Which is it?  The page here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
crystalbear99
Message 3 of 7 (563 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 845c stopped printing in the middle of a job and will not print anymore

The blinking orange light is the ink cartridge light. I have already gone to the same site and tried all the steps but nothing seemed to help. I do not know why it stopped printing all of a sudden mid page when I printed about 5 pages prior to that with no problems.....and now it will not print at all.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 7 (561 Views)

Try cleaning the contacts on the cartridges as shown here

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

Honor Student
crystalbear99
Message 5 of 7 (552 Views)

I tried cleaning the printer cartridges and the print holder but I still have the orange ink cartridge light blinking.  I unplugged the printer for a hard restart as well but I am still not able to print.

Any other suggestions?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 7 (549 Views)

It appears one of your cartridges has failed.  I do not recall if the Deskjet 845c will print in reserve mode with one cartrdige removed.  If it will then remove the color cartrdige and try printing a test page.  If this works the color cartrdige was at fault.  If not then reinsert the color cartrdige and remove the black cartrdige and print a test page.  Did this work?  If so the black cartrdige is at fault.

If the printer will not print with one cartrdige removed then I would suggest replacing the black cartridge with a fresh replacement.  My experience suggests the black cartrdige is usually the culprit....

Honor Student
crystalbear99
Message 7 of 7 (541 Views)

Thank you for your advice.

I had changed the color cartridge but it would still not print.  I changed the black cartridge with an old cartridge I still had and the printer worked and the orange ink light was no longer blinking. 

I appreciate all your help on this matter. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation