Question
HP Deskjet D1660 problems!!!
Replies (48)

Tutor
sueends
Message 11 of 49 (10,502 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet D1660 problems!!!

It is still showing up in my printers even after I deleted it. It is just not my default printer anymore.

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 12 of 49 (10,496 Views)

Are you able to delete it from your printers again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Tutor
sueends
Message 13 of 49 (10,469 Views)

OK it finally deleted but I do not have "other devices" under my device manager. I cannot find a printer in there at all.

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 14 of 49 (10,466 Views)

[ Edited ]

Take a look at this url from HP.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02205477&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3811075&tmp...

EDIT by Katie_H (4/1/11): Fixed broken link 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not a HP employee.
Tutor
sueends
Message 15 of 49 (10,461 Views)

I did try this already before I contacted this chat. I also tried to unistall and reinstall from "add new hardware" in the control panel. Followed all the directions, used the disk I have from the printer. Document printed 2 times and hung up again as usual.  I will try the printer diagnostic link again and see if that will help.

Tutor
sueends
Message 16 of 49 (10,459 Views)

Ok. I have tried the diagnostic thingy 3 times and it said not responding. Finally, it responded and showed a "print queue" error and I hit fix and then I printed a test page and all was fine.  So far, I am on my 4th document and no hang ups yet!!!

Thank you so much for your time and help. I really, really appreciate it.

Sue

Tutor
sueends
Message 17 of 49 (10,458 Views)

Well I spoke to soon!! Do you think I will have to run this diagnostics every time my printer hangs up or do you think I can find a better solution to fix this problem permanently?

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 18 of 49 (10,438 Views)

Can you provide me with your computer specs? ie. make/model

Is your Vista all patched?

What anti-virus?

How long is the USB printer cable?

When was the last time your ran a chkdsk?

I am not a HP employee.
Honor Student
rjlage
Message 19 of 49 (10,044 Views)

I am new to the forum. I too purchased a new D1660 and have been experiancing problems with the printer not completing the job. When it happens I have to unplug the printer. It will not allow my computer to shut down so I have to unplug the main power cord. When I reboot the computer, the printer completes the job just fine.  I tried support and they had me do all kinds of things but nothing worked. I finally demanded another printer. HP kindly sent me another printer but am getting the same problem. I contacted Dell thinking that it might be the new computer running Windows7. They finally reinstalled Windows7 but am getting the same problem. Now I am at a loss. I am thinking of trying my old printer that seems to work fine. Since I see that other people are having this problem I am thinking the problem is in this model of printer. If anyone knows a cure to this problem please let me know.

Student
nthornton30
Message 20 of 49 (9,969 Views)

I have experienced the same problems with my D1660 and I have decided to use my other printer as well.  The whole purpose of purchasing the printer was because my other printer's ink is expensive to purchase.  I wish I never purchased the D1660 because it caused my laptop to run slower and after I uninstalled and reinstalled it I suddenly had all kinds of security threats found by norton.  I tried to contact HP and was unsuccessful.  I wasted my money and I am very upset about it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation