HP Deskjet D1660 (3444 Views)
Tutor
Grandmomof7
Message 1 of 10 (3,444 Views)

HP Deskjet D1660

Makes awful loud noise, I've not even had it a year.

We have all HP products and this printer has been a pain since I bought it.

To begin with, once you turn it on, it doesn't want to turn back off. Constantly flashing light.

I don't have the moey to replace it.

"Life Goes On . . . One Day at a Time!"
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 10 (3,423 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet D1660

When does it make a loud noise - when you turn it on, when you print, other?  Does the unit print?  Are there any error messages on the computer or blinking lights on the printer?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
Equinox69
Message 3 of 10 (3,118 Views)

[ Edited ]

My HP Deskjet D1660 has the same 2 issues:

* Whenever I turn it on from full power off and whenever I try to print, it makes a really awful loud clicking noise (like a roller error that sounds like a machine gun).  It's absolutely horrible.  It will print the page however.

* Also, as long as the power cord is plugged in AND there's power the printer will not turn off when the power button is pressed/depressed.  The only way to shut it off is to unplug it or cut the power if it's plugged in to a UPS.

I bought this unit around 8 months ago and it's been having the power problem for 6 months and the clicking noise problem for 2 months.

Student
richardmpreston
Message 4 of 10 (3,047 Views)

It is very temperamental and requires the touch of a surgeon, but if you press the power button quickly just once, the light starts blinking and will, after a few seconds, go off.

It's completely counterintuitive, and goodness knows why it has to do all the blinking before it goes off, but it eventually will.

Good printer for the price, but this feature is pretty irritating.

Student
total33
Message 5 of 10 (2,781 Views)

I LOST MY HP DESKJET DI660 DISK AND NEED TO PROGRAM IT TO MY NEW COMPUTER

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 10 (2,777 Views)

total33 wrote:

I LOST MY HP DESKJET DI660 DISK AND NEED TO PROGRAM IT TO MY NEW COMPUTER

What operating system?  You can download the drivers and other software from HP here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
MirandaRR
Message 7 of 10 (2,600 Views)

I am haveing probleums with my deskjet,the power button is blinking and it will not print Help

Student
l_starke
Message 8 of 10 (1,267 Views)

My printer will not print. I have had it for almost two years, but havent used it since January of 2010. Is it possible that the ink inside went bad? I tried to print out a paper yesterday and there was ink on the bottom of the cartridge, but it's almost as if the ink never even touches the paper. What should I do. I knwo my color ink is low, but there is plenty of black ink in the cartridge. Please help me so I won't have to buy a new printer.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 9 of 10 (1,258 Views)

Hi MirandaRR, 

Run the following utility below, also check out the document below. 

Hardware Diagnostic Utility:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02762273&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=381...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01764440&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Provost
pcwizard
Message 10 of 10 (1,256 Views)

Hi I_starke, 

Run the following utility

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02114788&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=381...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation