Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

So I bought this printer for someone awhile ago, and when the printer ended up sitting in my basement/car for 6 months, I decided I would put it to good use.

I set-up the printer exactly how the instructions said, yet when I try to align the ink cartridges I get an error everytime stating, 'Alignment Failed due to Incorrect page being in Scanner'.

I print a new alignment page everytime I do the alignment in the HP Solutions Center, and still I get this error. I am almost certain that I am doing everything to protocol.

I was also wondering (this may result in an obvious answer) if, the alignment is not working properly, would that result in a poor print quality with reference to the colours and just overall bad quality?

Also I should add that I'm running an Acer M3300, AMD Phenom II x4 810, 6 gb ram, 1 tb HD, Windows 7 x64 OS, and the printer is the Deskjet F4480.

Any help would be appreciated and I thank you in advance!

Justin

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

click on the link bellow and follow instructions, that should resolve your issue.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01669384

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.
If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my F4480 and this solution does not work. I've tried many things but nothing is working.  Is this a factory defect?  If so what will hp do to resolve this?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.