Question

Top Student
gabiibag
Message 1 of 8 (1,568 Views)

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4625; where is the manual duplex function in the software?

Hi there,

Operating sistem: Windows 8 x64-bit.

I have this printer and i would like to know where is the manual duplex function for this printer?

Do I have to use only the Odd/Even pages feature which is not so good as the manual duplex function?

Please, help me please with this "problem".

Top Student
gabiibag
Message 2 of 8 (1,536 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4625; where is the manual duplex function in the software?

Does anyone know?

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 3 of 8 (1,479 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4625; where is the manual duplex function in the software?

I will do my best to help you as I just manually duplexed on my Deskjet just today.  In Microsoft Word, I have to select the option that says "Print One Sided" and then under that setting is "Manually Print on Both Sides."  

If this doesn't help you, you will find the setting after you click "Print..." in whatever software you are printing from.  

What program are you having this problem with?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 4 of 8 (1,478 Views)

I have included a couple images on where you will find this setting in Word:

Step 1

Step 1

Step 2

step 2.PNG

Sorry for the delayed response.  I just ran across your post today and noticed nobody has answered yet.

I really hope this helps!

Top Student
eugenelyt
Message 5 of 8 (1,268 Views)

I am looking for this 'Print on Both Sides' option too.

It is a shame that such a multifunction printer does not have this function.

Adobe Reader do not provide manual duplex printing.

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 6 of 8 (1,258 Views)

Can you see if the duplex is installed on the printer?  Double-check by going into Printer Properties>>Advanced and see if you have an option listed there as well and that it is installed.

Top Student
eugenelyt
Message 7 of 8 (1,248 Views)

No. Can you provide the link of the installer for duplex? I tried to search around but only found one which is for Mac OS.
Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 8 of 8 (1,244 Views)

Sorry but this isn't anything you can download.  Perhaps the Mac would need it as a component but this is hardware on the back of the printer which is then installed via a button push.  For example, when I click Print in a Word document, another window opens.  See image 1.  Then I click Options in my Windows 7 PC and scroll down the Advanced settings to ensure it is also selected there (image 2).  Granted I am using a different printer but it should be basically the same setting.

I can also go to my Devices and Printers folder and right click on the printer's icon and select Printing Preferences and here you will see I have 3 different places I can choose to duplex print (image 3 and 4).  Then in my last image you will see where I suggested to make sure it is showing as "installed."  My computer doesn't look like it would on my work computer because to take this image I right clicked on the printer icon in Devices and Printer's folder and selected Printer Properties and then the Device Settings tab but usually it is found under the "Advance" button found when you go to print.  Too bad everyone's computers are so different but I hope all of these pictures will help lead you in the right direction.

Image 1

image 1.PNG

Image 2

image 2.PNG

Image 3

image 3.PNG

Image 4

image.PNGThis is found in the Printing Preferences

Image 5

image 5.PNG  This is found in Printer Properties.

I hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation