02-25-2014 01:25 AM
I just purchased an HP DeskJet 4615 ink advantage printer/fax for my home computer running XP X64. Unfortunately I did not pay attention during my search on what to purchase that this printer is NOT supported on XP X64 but only 32 bit XP OS.
I tried running the setup.exe on the DVD but was told that the OS installed is not supported.
I connected the printer and when prompted for "New hardware detected" I gave the location of the DVD and I guess the basic drivers were installed. Two printers with 4610 Series were created; one for printing and the second for sending faxes. Also an icon for scanning was placed on my desktop. I tested all these; printing, sending a fax, and scanning, and they appear to work just fine.
What I am missing is the HP Digital FAX software to enable receiving and managing faxes on my PC.
What would happen if I were to download the DVD with full service package for one of the HP fax/printers that is supported on XP X64 and run the setup? Would this install the HP Digital FAX software, and if so would I be able to use it with the HP 4615? Or would there still be necessary drivers missing?
Thanks in advance,
02-25-2014 11:51 PM
This is most likely a mute issue since as of yet I have been UNABLE to find any HP FAX whose full service drivers which would include the HP Digital FAX software that are supported on Windows XP X64.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS