Question

Honor Student
ChaimB
Message 1 of 2 (166 Views)

HP Digital Fax

Hello,

I just purchased an HP DeskJet 4615 ink advantage printer/fax for my home computer running XP X64. Unfortunately I did not pay attention during my search on what to purchase that this printer is NOT supported on XP X64 but only 32 bit XP OS.

I tried running the setup.exe on the DVD but was told that the OS installed is not supported.

I connected the printer and when prompted for "New hardware detected" I gave the location of the DVD and I guess the basic drivers were installed. Two printers with 4610 Series were created; one for printing and the second for sending faxes. Also an icon for scanning was placed on my desktop. I tested all these; printing, sending a fax, and scanning, and they appear to work just fine.

What I am missing is the HP Digital FAX software to enable receiving and managing faxes on my PC.

What would happen if I were to download the DVD with full service package for one of the HP fax/printers that is supported on XP X64 and run the setup? Would this install the HP Digital FAX software, and if so would I be able to use it with the HP 4615? Or would there still be necessary drivers missing?

Thanks in advance,

ChaimB

Honor Student
ChaimB
Message 2 of 2 (139 Views)

Re: HP Digital Fax

Hi,

This is most likely a mute issue since as of yet I have been UNABLE to find any HP FAX whose full service drivers which would include the HP Digital FAX software that are supported on Windows XP X64.

ChaimB

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation