HP Director with windows 7 (100375 Views)
Top Student
tcook95849
Message 21 of 44 (2,352 Views)

Re: HP Director with windows 7

Hi Bob, I downloaded the HP Solutions software but it does not give me a wireless installation option. I have an old HP 2600 series all-in-one and it all work wirelessly on my old computer with XP. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks Terry

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 22 of 44 (2,350 Views)

tcook95849 wrote:

Hi Bob, I downloaded the HP Solutions software but it does not give me a wireless installation option. I have an old HP 2600 series all-in-one and it all work wirelessly on my old computer with XP. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks Terry

What exactly is your printer model?  If it is the Photosmart 2610 it does not have wireless capability....  Do you have the printer connected to a router to provide wireless access?  That would be the setup I have here and the Photosmart 2610 works "wirelessly" from my Windows 7 notebook computer.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Top Student
tcook95849
Message 23 of 44 (2,346 Views)

Hi Bob, Thanks for your reply. The printer is a 2610 hardwired via ethernet cable to my router. I don't have a problem printing wirelessly, that worked without the new driver/software download. My problem is scanning wirelessly. I have to plug in the USB caple to scan. The new driver/software download does not give me a wireless option when I try to install the full software download.

Thanks Terry

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 24 of 44 (2,337 Views)

tcook95849 wrote:

Hi Bob, Thanks for your reply. The printer is a 2610 hardwired via ethernet cable to my router. I don't have a problem printing wirelessly, that worked without new driver/software download. My problem is scanning wirelessly. I have to plug in the USB caple to scan. The new driver/software download does not give me a wireless option when I try to install the full software download.

Thanks Terry

OK, I just downloaded the full featured driver and installed it in Windows 7 x64.  Try the following:  go to Start, All Programs, HP, Photosmart All-in-one 2600 series, Add a device.  When the connection screen comes up seleect "Wired network connection using an Ethernet connection".  This will search the local network and should find your Photosmart 2610.  Select your device from the list and then complete the install.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

Honor Student
usabiogirl
Message 25 of 44 (2,071 Views)

The fact that there is no way to scan multiple pages into one document when using an HP psc 2410 all-in-one with Windows 7 fax and scan program is ridiculus. As is the way that buttons on the machine just "don't function" anymore. You have got to be kidding me! There is no reason why HP cannot design a software program that works WITH Windows 7. Obviously HP would rather we take our business elsewhere than to take the time and resources to develop software that works. The market today is saturated with scanners/fax  that work with any OS. Most are within a reasonable price range. I will definitely be shopping for new equipment VERY soon and I can PROMISE that it will NOT be an HP product.

HP I am incredibly disappointed!!

Honor Student
PAULIENAZ
Message 26 of 44 (2,043 Views)

Having the Exact same issue with mi HP Officejet 6100. I need to scan multiple docs into a PDF file and cannot find HP Director that is compatible with Win7 64 system. HP WHAT GIVES???

Student
jusjac
Message 27 of 44 (1,659 Views)

What is the reason that I cannot install the director on windows 7?  Please help

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 28 of 44 (1,656 Views)

jusjac wrote:

What is the reason that I cannot install the director on windows 7?  Please help

HP Director was discoutinued years ago, replaced by HP Solution Center.  What is your printer model?

Honor Student
Rascaljay
Message 29 of 44 (1,491 Views)

Actually, he could be correct. He changed the tower (cpu) and now the user has Windows 7. Before you challenge what someone wrote, be sure you have the facts together.

Honor Student
Rascaljay
Message 30 of 44 (1,490 Views)

I couldn't have put it better myself. My problem exactly. Windows fax and scan is a joke. I don't WANT 16 different scans to make up a mulit-page document. I'm going to try Irfanview and see if it works for me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation