03-10-2014 05:04 PM
HP Director for my HP Officejet 5500 All-in-one used to be on my desktop but it disappeared so now I can't scan. I have tried to reistall the software from the disc, tried the Print & Scan Doctor, downloaded drivers from the HP website. Now I get messages that the printer is not found and installation from the disc won't complete. What can I do? My computer has Windows XP.
03-13-2014 01:30 PM - edited 03-13-2014 01:30 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand the Officejet 5500 is not found and the installation won't complete. I realize you have already performed some necessary troubleshooting steps. Are you receiving a error message indicating why you're unable to finish the software?
Anytime you're uninstalling the software, make sure you disconnect the USB cord out of the computer. Do not connect this USB cord until the software prompts you.
Follow this HP document on The Progress Bar on the Software Installation Stops or Stalls. It states to start off by removing the software from the Control panel, then continue following the rest of the steps. As you get to "Solution Four", it does state to perform a "Level 3 Uninstall", which is a advance uninstall.
Please post your results!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS