Question

Top Student
RAZANMAN
Message 1 of 4 (1,891 Views)

HP Laser Jet M1120 MFP (An error occured during preview. If another program....)

Hi, The problem regards

Product Name and Number:       HP Laser Jet M1120 MFP

Operating System: Windows 7

Error message:  "An error occured during preview. If another program is scanning, please wait for it to complete and select preview again."

I bought the all in one printer when i had windows xp in 2010. Now I am using windows 7. I experienced no problem with windos XP but only with windos 7. I downloaded the driver in both cases from hp.com.

The problem occures when i try to scann a picture in Paint (a program included in Windows 7). But no problem when I scan a picture in Adobe Acrobat X Pro but the only disturbing thing is Adobe acrobat X Pro cannot scan a picture by itself but offer me to scan using another help program by showing this message "Scanner doesn't allow setting resolution. Switching to 'Show Scanner's Native interface' mode!" and then it transfered me to another program called "HP LaserJet M1120 MFP TWAIN"

I tried to uninstall and install again and downloaded the driver's software from hp.com and tried to let the windows install the printer automatically but the problem still occure.

After the error message occured in Paint, I tried to make a copy of the paper without the computer, I mean by clicking the copy button in the printer body and a message appeared in the printer's screen telling me that "Scanning to PC 1/1". I restarted the printer and the printer started to copy the paper (the hard copy i mean).

Any body can help?

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 4 (1,850 Views)

Re: HP Laser Jet M1120 MFP (An error occured during preview. If another program....)

Hello RAZANMAN,

Here are a couple links you should find useful.

Scanning without Using HP Software

and

Scanning with HP Software in Windows

and

Changing Scan Settings in HP LaserJet Scan Software in Windows

Check out those links for some great information on scanning with your printer. If you need further assistance, let me know.

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
RAZANMAN
Message 3 of 4 (1,841 Views)

Re: HP Laser Jet M1120 MFP (An error occured during preview. If another program....)

Hi,

I tried with all of the three solutions you adviced but none of them worked. Thank you any way

Any one can help

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 4 of 4 (1,780 Views)

OK, the next thing to do would be to download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor found in the link below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03287507&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3447598

This tool helps with a multitude of issues that include scanning. Let me know if it helps resolve the issue, and if not, what it tells you.

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation