HP LaserJet 1320 Duplex Printing Not working with Windows 7 (27762 Views)
Student
gbkirky
Message 1 of 25 (27,762 Views)

HP LaserJet 1320 Duplex Printing Not working with Windows 7

Hi

I've just bought a new PC with Windows 7 Home Premium. I have an HP LaserJet 1320 printer (Prod no. Q5927A, SN CNGW53RLRY).

I cannot find driver that works the same way as the previous driver HP LaserJet PCL5. If I use this driver and can still get duplex printing but it will only print one copy at a time.

If I upgrade to HP Universal Printing PLC (or PLC v5) I can print multiple copies but not duplex printing. I have searched high and low through the HP site but to no avail.

Any help and advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

GB

Honor Student
Msteinhorn
Message 2 of 25 (27,222 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 1320 Duplex Printing Not working with Windows 7

I have the same problem. Seems the universal drivers for Windows 7 don't support duplexing. Don't know if they will come up with a specific driver for the printer for Windows 7

Honor Student
pearprickly
Message 3 of 25 (27,174 Views)

I have spent many hours trying to find a driver that will support both multiple copies and duplexing on the HP LJ 1320, with MS Windows 7 Home Premium edition.

This functionality is must-have for my work.

What the bean counters who run HP do not understand is that 60% to 70% of business comes from existing customers.

If I am forced to purchase a new laser printer because of this silly driver issue, it will not be an HP branded printer

Honor Student
budkalra
Message 4 of 25 (26,633 Views)

I discovered that I had to manually tell the driver that my 1320 had the duplexing capability as follows:

Control Panel (classic View) / Printers /

hp LaserJet 1320 PCL 5 /

Right click on Properties /

Device Settings / Installable Options /

Duplex Unit (for 2 sided printing)/

Use the pulldown to change from "Not installed" to "Installed".

Teacher
HardCopy
Message 5 of 25 (26,358 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've seen this same issue with my printers (other HP printers) whereby the default setting to support the Duplexing hardware was set to 'off'.

A quick method to check this is look at what the setting is for Duplex hardware in the Device Settings tab, and if it's not set, correct it.

Printer Properties:

From the 'Start' orb -> [Devices & Printers] -> right click on your Printer icon -> select 'Printer Properties' -> click on 'Device Settings' tab.

You should see a dialog similar to the mine (attached): look for the 'Duplex unit (for 2-sided printing)' and see if it's set to "Not Installed":

--> in either case, click on 'Not installed' and from the dropdown box, select 'Installed'... Click 'OK' to accept the changes and close the dialog.

Printing Preferences:

again, right click on your Printer icon -> select 'Printing Preferences' -> click on 'Advanced' tab.

-->Check to see if there is a 'Duplex Hardware' or '2-sided printing' option in here: mine doesn't show one but thougth I'd mention it nonetheless.

Click on the 'Finishing' tab and select 'Print on both sides'...or simply test print a multi-page document and set those preferences on-the-fly.

Let me know if this helps...

HardCopyTed

Regards,
HardCopy (I am employed by HP)
[If you found this helpful, please mark this 'Solved' or 'Accept as Solution' so others can find this too]

How to Give Kudos | How to mark as Solved

Student
cjnavaneet
Message 6 of 25 (25,203 Views)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS INFO.

I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH. THIS METHOD WORKS FOR ME. AS YOU SAID I'VE DONE AND AT FIRST I CAN'T CHANGE THE PRINT ON BOTH SIDES BUT AFTER RESTARTING THE SYSTEM I GOT IT ALL RIGHT AND I'M PRINTING ON BOTH SIDES (DUPLEX) VERY SMOOTHLY. I WAS GOING TO BUY A WINDOWS XP LAPTOP BECAUSE OF THE INABILITY OF PRINTING ON BOTH SIDES AND BECAUSE PRINTING IS CRITICAL FOR MY DAILY USE. I STILL SENSE THAT LOTS OF PEOPLE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO USE WINDOWS 7 REALLY. I'VE JUST EXECUTED MANY WINDOWS XP (ONLY) APPS BY USING THE 'TROUBLESHOOT COMPATIBILITY' THINGY WHEN YOU RIGHT CLICK.

:smileywink:

Student
tvayda
Message 7 of 25 (24,106 Views)

I cannot even get to multiple copies.  What driver and from where?  Win 7 keeps installing whatever driver it finds.

Student
White_Gorilla
Message 8 of 25 (23,723 Views)

Thank you very much! I followed your post and it worked perfectly! :smileyhappy: 

Student
alexl
Message 9 of 25 (23,360 Views)

Great fix--THANK YOU!

Student
MJBlaylock
Message 10 of 25 (21,500 Views)

Thank you so much for this fix.  I now have multiple duplex printing after some months of frustration!!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation