Question

Student
austincwebb
Message 1 of 3 (4,614 Views)

HP LaserJet 2430

Hey guys, New to the Forum.

I have a client with a LaserJet 2430 printer that has always worked just fine with Windows XP. In the last 2 weeks we have upgraded to Windows 7 Professional and joined a SBS domain. This is a networked printer that has duplexing that is used frequently.

As per Microsoft, I have used the Windows Vista driver for Windows 7 as a printing fix for now.

I cannot seem to get the printer to automatically duplex with this driver. Is there any fix for this or is my client going to have to upgrade to a new printer for automatic duplexing in Windows 7?

Thanks for your help, Austin Webb

Teacher
Navbond007
Message 2 of 3 (4,612 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 2430

Hi,

Laserjet 2430 is a discontinued model so there are no drivers available for this yet.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF10a/18972-18972-3328059-14638-3328069-416419.html?jumpid=r... 

So the only recommended option now is manual duplexing. Anyone else have any inputs?

Thanks

Naveen K

HP Support Engineering Center

Click on yellow KUDOS button to say thanks

(Although employed by HP, I'm trying to address the issues with my sole willingness and my employer does not bear any liability for my responses)

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 3 (4,603 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 2430

austincwebb wrote:

Hey guys, New to the Forum.

I have a client with a LaserJet 2430 printer that has always worked just fine with Windows XP. In the last 2 weeks we have upgraded to Windows 7 Professional and joined a SBS domain. This is a networked printer that has duplexing that is used frequently.

As per Microsoft, I have used the Windows Vista driver for Windows 7 as a printing fix for now.

I cannot seem to get the printer to automatically duplex with this driver. Is there any fix for this or is my client going to have to upgrade to a new printer for automatic duplexing in Windows 7?

I do not have a 2430, but I did download and install the Vista drivers to test.  As with many printers the duplexer may default to "not installed".  Go to the printers folder and enable the duplexer in device settings as shown:
duplex.png

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation