09-19-2012 08:23 PM
This works for me.
hp3150 connected to xp machine on home network.
installed universal printing pcl 5 printer on win7 machine
in xp mode on win7 machine installed hp3150 printer with xp driver
originally installed to lpt1
changed port on xpmode to the terminal server print port that matched the universal printer intalled on win7 (guess work with test page prints)
changed the port on the universal printer on win7 to the path of my printer on the xp machine on network, ie \\computername\printername
My lay mans theory was using xp printer driver in xp mode and on the xp machine i might be able to map printer in windows7 to print through. It worked. It drops out a little bit but its ok. Restart all computers and it works again.
Hope this is of assistance to anyone still using hp3150
Jet direct software wont work but at least my old home printer still prints
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS