HP LaserJet 3150 not supported by Windows 7 anyone know a compatible driver compatible with Win 7? (1288 Views)
Student
DLofty
Message 1 of 2 (1,288 Views)

HP LaserJet 3150 not supported by Windows 7 anyone know a compatible driver compatible with Win 7?

HP LaserJet 3150 not supported by Windows 7 anyone know a compatible driver compatible with Win 7?

Student
thecook
Message 2 of 2 (1,093 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 3150 not supported by Windows 7 anyone know a compatible driver compatible with Win

This works for me.

hp3150 connected to xp machine on home network.

installed universal printing pcl 5 printer on win7 machine

in xp mode on win7 machine installed hp3150 printer with xp driver

originally installed to lpt1

changed port on xpmode to the terminal server print port that matched the universal printer intalled on win7 (guess work with test page prints)

changed the port on the universal printer on win7 to the path of my printer on the xp machine on network, ie \\computername\printername

My lay mans theory was using xp printer driver in xp mode and on the xp machine i might be able to map printer in windows7 to print through. It worked.  It drops out a little bit but its ok.  Restart all computers and it works again.

Hope this is of assistance to anyone still using hp3150

Jet direct software wont work but at least my old home printer still prints

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation