08-24-2010 11:26 PM - edited 08-24-2010 11:28 PM
I plan to buy a Windows 7 computer soon, but I still want to use my LaserJet 4100, which is 9 years old. I checked for HP drivers and found there's a universal driver available for PCL5 and one for PCL6. I have two questions:
1. When I first installed the driver for my printer in Windows XP, the printer was labeled simply PCL. So do I need PCL5 or PCL6?
2. Will I lose any functionality if I install a universal driver for my printer under Windows 7? Someone I talked to recently said that his HP laser printer (a different model than mine) would no longer print at 1200 dpi but was reduced to 600 dpi with the universal driver.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS