Question
HP LaserJet and Color LaserJet - Windows 7 support
Replies (27)

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 11 of 28 (2,015 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet and Color LaserJet - Windows 7 support

@RocketLife suggests in this thread to contact hpphotocreations@hp.com via email for more assistance.  I hope this helps!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Honor Student
lee11
Message 12 of 28 (2,012 Views)

cheers, have a happy new year
Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 13 of 28 (2,010 Views)

Cheers! Let me know if they help you get it resolved or not and I will do my best to assist you further although I am not completely familiar with this error message.

Honor Student
ravi6829
Message 14 of 28 (1,600 Views)

SIR,EACH TIME I WANT TO INSTALL THE DRIVER FOR LASERJET PRO CM 1415 FNW COLOUR MFP BY DOWNLOADING IT FROM HP OFFICIAL SITE,DURING EXTRACTING ON MY COMPUTER I OT THE MASSAGE CORRUPT FILE .

PLS GIVE ME A SOLUTION

RAVI TOMAR

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 15 of 28 (1,573 Views)

Sorry to hear that.  What is the operating system of the computer you are trying to install this on (Windows 7)?  How are you trying to install it (USB, wireless, or Ethernet)?  

Try the HP Printer Install Wizard first. If that doesn't work, make sure you are the administrator and not a guest user and if so, just try going to Devices and Printers folder and select add a printer at the top and let the computer try to find the right drivers for you.

Honor Student
ravi6829
Message 16 of 28 (1,540 Views)

i am using win 7 and printer wizard detected the printer with usb connection but when i try to install the printer driver downloaded from official web site i got the massage of "file corrept" each time.what i do now.

ravi tomar

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 17 of 28 (1,514 Views)

OK so I have a really good feeling HP wouldn't put a corrupt file on the internet, so this could be related to your registry.  First, uninstall everything related to your HP Printer by going to add/remove programs in your Control Panel. Reboot PC.

Download CCleaner, run a backup first, then clean out the registry, reboot PC. Next I like to run Disk Cleanup (Start button>>All Programs>>Accessories) and reboot again. Computer will be clean of corrupt files now.

Next, make sure your printer is on your wireless network using the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel of the printer and remove the USB cord.  Lastly, try HP Printer Install Wizard again and tell me how it goes.

Good luck!

Top Student
Rikyhamstery
Message 18 of 28 (1,379 Views)

Hi,

I have never had any troubles with this product before. My printing machine CP 1215 started to do strange things arround this New year. It is printing with mistake making strips on pictures printed from program MS Word. But not only that. If I try to print some picture in jpg it is printing just black all the space of picture - instead of picture.

My system is Windows 7 64 bit and I am bit suspicious that it is some software trouble because of when I connect printer to another PC with Windows Vista, there are no problems at all. But if I connect to another PC with Windows 7, it makes the same trouble.

I removed my old HP software and tried new. No changes, same trouble :-/. I was trying to find mistake in HP software for removing software troubles, nothing. I tried to print mistake page, it was printing strips.

I am sure that my printing machine is not broken as it would not be able to print with another PC without any troubles and mistakes and strips. And why it prints the same mistake with the same operation system on another PC?

I hope to find help here as I quite need that it will start to work properly.

Hi Jana

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 19 of 28 (1,348 Views)

1.  How are your text documents printing (documents with only words on it)?  

2.  Does everything have black stripes (even printing from another computer)?  

3.  What type of paper are you printing your pictures on (photo paper or regular paper)?  

If your text documents are not affected, then it sounds to me like you may just have a setting wrong.  If you are printing your pictures on 8.5x11 (or A4), full edge to edge pictures, then you may want to select a different paper type like heavy or thick.

However this sounds like a printer issue with the components inside the machine but if another computer can print just fine then it must be a setting.  Be not concerned with the software so much as it is a printer setting.

Answer my questions above please so I can be of better assistance.  Always happy to help!

Top Student
Rikyhamstery
Message 20 of 28 (1,293 Views)

Hi again,

1. documents from Word print also with strips

2. printing from another computer with MS Windows 7 makes the same troubles;

printing from another computer with MS Vista prints ok, there are no troubles at all

3. usually I use normal paper for printing anything

printer is printing not black strips but colour off strips in 2 colours: red and blue. Yellow and black seems to be ok.

If I print just red without any diluting shade, it prints ok. As soon as it is bit lighter, it makes off colour small strips (also in Word).

I was sending some informations to HP support, so we will see what they will find out.

Thanks for help!

Jana Svobodová

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation