Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I've been waiting for a while to come out windows 8 64bit driver for my printer HP LaserJet p1005. The windows 7 driver doesn't find my printer.

Please tell me at least how much longer will it take to come out, so I can take the appropriate measures to be able to print when it's important. 

46 REPLIES 46
HP Recommended

Since coming out with Windows 8, Microsoft obsoleted a lot of printers for no reason forcing the user to upgrade to newer hardware.   Just watch the HP web site as they determine to support this product. 

HP Recommended

Hi pefo_1,

Maybe the next steps helps :smileywink:

To install on Windows 8 apply the following steps:

1. Download the driver that is available on the HP site:

Note: Download this file to the Windows Desktop.

2. Then select the downloaded file with the mouse right click Properties.

3. Select the tab that says Compatibility.

4. Then check the box that says "Run in compatibility mode for" and select Windows 7

5. Under Privilege Level check the box that says "Run as administrator"

6. Click OK to close the Properties window.

7. Then double-click it on the downloaded file to begin the installation.

Note: Remember that the USB cable must be unplugged before installation.

It should appear as follows:

Laserjet_1018_compatible_windows8.jpg

I hope these steps will be helpful with the Windows 8 installation of the Laserjet P1005 printer.

* Click on KUDOS star to say thanks  :smileywink:     

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.  

Cheers,

ferRX.   

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
HP Recommended

It doesn't work. Gets stuck on "Adding print drivers..."  and I have to shut it down with task manager after hours of waiting.

HP Recommended

I don't understand why here http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03450071 it sais that my printer supports windows 8 but in so many other places it sais it doesn't.

"Products that install using USB connection only (no network install)

LaserJet P1005, P1006, P1007, P1008, and P1009"

HP Recommended

it crashed. But I found a HP directory in program files after than. There were setup.exe here, I tried to run it in compatibility mode. Crashed too with "file not found message". I extracted *.cab files content from this directory into the same directory. And open device manager. There were other device - HP P1005, I tried to install driver manualy from device manager  and show him inf file from HP directory in program files. And it works.

Seems to me that it cannot be recommended to common users. But I was desperate, I needed to print.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU, IT WORKED! 

HP support- take notes!

HP Recommended

March 5, today it stopped working.

sorry 😞

HP Recommended
the printer is working! thank you...
HP Recommended

Solution don't work. After a few days it stops working. Please Windows 8 driver urgent. Won't buy a new printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.