05-07-2010 01:04 PM
The orange attention light blinks without stopping. I have run through all the diagnostic steps given by HP and I have reinstalled the printer software and driver. There is no paper jam. Control Panel shows the printer is :"Ready.: Can anyone suggest another troubleshooting step?
07-29-2010 02:51 PM
I have an HP Officejet J6480 and the Attention Light is on and won't go off unless I unplug the printer. I suspect the solid Attention Light means the printer will no longer work. I had an Epson Printer that stopped working for no clear reason and when I called Epson they told me that the printer was programmed to print a set number of times and then stop. It is planned obsolescence and most people give up and buy a new printer. I did - I bought an HP. Not sure what to buy next. If I am wrong about HP I would like to hear from someone.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS