Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 4000n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new PC because the message I got from Microsoft said they could't do a Win 10 upgrade. So, now I have a new computer with Win 10 64bit and can't connectto my HP 4000n LASERJET PRINTER.

Really don't want t replace it but if I have to what Printer is comparable to the Laserjet 4000n.  

Is anyone working on the driver situation, apparently this is the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

40 REPLIES 40
HP Recommended

Hi,

Could you clarify your intention by "can't connectto my HP 4000n scanner"?

The HP LaserJet 4000n is a printer only. may you refer to any other model?

If you may refer to printing try following these steps to install the printer on Windows 10:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04745752

For any issues be sure to check the Troubleshooting section near the bottom of the document.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I tried what you sent but no good. I have worked with computers and printers for over 25 years, ran the IT department for a large national company, and I am sure that it is a driver problem.

I do appreciate your suggestion but I have tried your suggestion and many others that HP and Microsoft showed but the same result.

I have tried to make the printer be seen by an IP address which you would think that would work but nothinf.

Thanks again, Dan

HP Recommended

HP LaserJet 4000n Printer does not work with window 10

I am having a same problem, and have been advised a driver is the culprit. Unfortunately the  new driver is probably not available. What a nightmare!

HP Recommended

Rang Microsoft support , problem solved:

Action: Printing

Result: Unable to print

Cause:  outdated drivers

Resolution: Remote assisstance Reinstall drivers

HP Recommended

I have 2 laserjet 4000TN running with Windows 10 x64 and Windows 10 x86 PCs.

Driver that works for Windows 10 x64 is the Windows 7x64 driver for Laserjet 4050 PCL6 

Driver Name is HP Laserjet 4050 PCL6 version 6.1.7233.0  - Works perfectly

For Windows 10 32bits , I install the PCL6 driver Windows XP driver. 

Driver name: HP Laserjet 4000 Series PCL 6 version 4.27.4000.400 . Works perfectly

With the above drivers can get  1200x1200 resolution and also control all the trays (paper-type and size) correctly.

Reuel

Chartered IT consultant

HP Recommended

How would I install the driver? Since I'm not an IT guy.

HP Recommended

1. Google the driver Name including the version number I listed. It will be avaliable on some third party sites if it is no longer available from HP

2. Unzip the driver to suitable location.

3. Add the printer using local port LPT or a tcp/ip port

4. Install the driver manually using HAVE DISK option and point to the location of the unzipped driver.

HP Recommended

It's working now. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi! Sorry but i have a pc with WIN 10 x64 and i can't install the drivers for my printer hp laserjet 4000n. You suggest to install WIN 7 drivers x64 for HP 4050 but i can't find them. Can you please link me the files ? I'm desperate :Crying: . Thanks 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.