Question

Top Student
amagnier
Message 1 of 8 (940 Views)

HP Laserjet CM1415 install fail on windows 7 64 bits

Under windows 7 64bits  it's impossible to resinstall  the driver for my multifunction printer  hp1415  connected with USB to a dell laptop . :sweat:  

I've got this at the end of setup :

"installation failed"

and setup failed saying something is too long around 99 %

Any idea ? (i tried every tips on HP support)

I tried Universal Driver, it's ok as workaroung but i need to make all functions working (scan, etc ...)

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 8 (908 Views)

Bonjour, amagnier, comment allez-vous?

Just to be sure, your printer is in fact a CM1415fnw and not the CM1415fn? If you have the wrong software it may affect your installation. How are you installing this? Is it being put onto a single PC or a server and is it being added through a wireless, Ethernet, or USB connection?

Let me know!
Top Student
amagnier
Message 3 of 8 (902 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet CM1415 install fail on windows 7 64 bits

[ Edited ]

Merci ça va :smileywink: !

Connection USB on a single PC.

I checked with hp utility the device before downloading the driver.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 4 of 8 (899 Views)

Je suis bon, Il fait très beau!

I would recommend uninstalling the software (if any has installed) and restarting the PC. Then follow the link below and select your operating system to be directed to the most appropriate software and drivers for the printer.

http://goo.gl/3RRkl

Try doing the installation from this software, and another thing to note - if you are outside of the States you should select your appropriate country from the country select option in the bottom left hand corner of the webpage.

Let me know if this helps!
Top Student
amagnier
Message 5 of 8 (896 Views)

I will try on monday, and I will try to install on ethernet to see if it helps.
Top Student
amagnier
Message 6 of 8 (842 Views)

I resolved my issue :

- remove hp folder manually on c: drive

- clean windows registry with ccleaner tool (there was some entry with hp stuffs)

- reboot

- run as administator the driver installation after unziping the full package

- i succeded with usb and with ethernet connection :smileywink:

Student
_SteveO_
Message 7 of 8 (217 Views)

I just bought a used machine and was excited to make the move into a laser machine. I encountered the exact same problem but in MS VISTA ultimate red version. After multiple iterations of the same error scenario, I finally found joy.

The connection method was USB so that was where I found the answer to my problem. The USB had to be changed to "FULL". I did this via: Setup / Services / USB / Full.

Once changed the machine re-initialized and the next attempt to install the software solution succeeded.

It worked for me.

Student
zenk
Message 8 of 8 (41 Views)

Hi,

I had spent about 2 days and solved this "Crazy" issue by updating the drivers with the selection of own drivers from C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\csiInstaller\0EF0EA0D-F945-4958-85CC-60FF1E86D216\ 

Select: "hpc1410u.inf" drivers  (Althrough my window got a sudden shut down but after restart, it will automatically install this drivers and its works!).

Best Regards,

Alan Tan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation