10-31-2012 07:09 AM
Under windows 7 64bits it's impossible to resinstall the driver for my multifunction printer hp1415 connected with USB to a dell laptop .
I've got this at the end of setup :
and setup failed saying something is too long around 99 %
Any idea ? (i tried every tips on HP support)
I tried Universal Driver, it's ok as workaroung but i need to make all functions working (scan, etc ...)
11-01-2012 10:14 AM
Just to be sure, your printer is in fact a CM1415fnw and not the CM1415fn? If you have the wrong software it may affect your installation. How are you installing this? Is it being put onto a single PC or a server and is it being added through a wireless, Ethernet, or USB connection?
Let me know!
11-01-2012 03:30 PM - edited 11-01-2012 03:31 PM
Merci ça va !
Connection USB on a single PC.
I checked with hp utility the device before downloading the driver.
11-01-2012 03:47 PM
I would recommend uninstalling the software (if any has installed) and restarting the PC. Then follow the link below and select your operating system to be directed to the most appropriate software and drivers for the printer.
Try doing the installation from this software, and another thing to note - if you are outside of the States you should select your appropriate country from the country select option in the bottom left hand corner of the webpage.
Let me know if this helps!
11-05-2012 05:47 AM
I resolved my issue :
- remove hp folder manually on c: drive
- clean windows registry with ccleaner tool (there was some entry with hp stuffs)
- run as administator the driver installation after unziping the full package
- i succeded with usb and with ethernet connection
06-07-2014 06:24 PM
I just bought a used machine and was excited to make the move into a laser machine. I encountered the exact same problem but in MS VISTA ultimate red version. After multiple iterations of the same error scenario, I finally found joy.
The connection method was USB so that was where I found the answer to my problem. The USB had to be changed to "FULL". I did this via: Setup / Services / USB / Full.
Once changed the machine re-initialized and the next attempt to install the software solution succeeded.
It worked for me.
09-28-2014 10:39 AM
I had spent about 2 days and solved this "Crazy" issue by updating the drivers with the selection of own drivers from C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\csiInstaller\0EF0EA0D-F945-4958-85CC-60FF
Select: "hpc1410u.inf" drivers (Althrough my window got a sudden shut down but after restart, it will automatically install this drivers and its works!).
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS