04-01-2013 03:45 PM
When will the HP LaserJet P1006 driver for Windows 8 64-bit be available?
On 10/29/2012 HP posted on the driver website "HP LaserJet Printers - Product Supported Soon in Windows 8" and referenced late fall of 2012 and now it says early 2013. That was 5 months ago. What is the status of this driver update? Is HP actually going to release it? I've always bought hp product for our company IT needs but I am wondering if that needs to change. Please provide a status.
04-02-2013 04:32 PM
At the current time there is no estimated date for when these drivers will be released. The drivers will likely be a Windows based internal driver which will not be directly made by HP. Because of the large number of drivers, like this one, which have to be written for the new OS it is hard to determine the order and times for the release of these drivers. Each driver has to be hand-coded for each printer and sometimes multiple drivers for the same printer have to be written depending on the region and purpose for their use.
As soon as more information is made available or when these drivers are released, I will be sure to post that information for you and others to locate.
I hope this information is useful and you have a wonderful day!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS