Question

Student
Alder-SH
Message 1 of 2 (1,624 Views)

HP Laserjet P1006 driver for Windows 8 64-bit

When will the HP LaserJet P1006 driver for Windows 8 64-bit be available? 

On 10/29/2012 HP posted on the driver website "HP LaserJet Printers - Product Supported Soon in Windows 8" and referenced late fall of 2012 and now it says early 2013.  That was 5 months ago.  What is the status of this driver update?  Is HP actually going to release it?  I've always bought hp product for our company IT needs but I am wondering if that needs to change.  Please provide a status.

Frustrated!!

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 2 (1,600 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet P1006 driver for Windows 8 64-bit

At the current time there is no estimated date for when these drivers will be released. The drivers will likely be a Windows based internal driver which will not be directly made by HP. Because of the large number of drivers, like this one, which have to be written for the new OS it is hard to determine the order and times for the release of these drivers. Each driver has to be hand-coded for each printer and sometimes multiple drivers for the same printer have to be written depending on the region and purpose for their use. 

As soon as more information is made available or when these drivers are released, I will be sure to post that information for you and others to locate. 

I hope this information is useful and you have a wonderful day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation