Question

Student
ivanox
Message 1 of 21 (20,973 Views)

HP Laserjet Professional M1212nf does not print with Windows 2008 Server Terminal Services

When I connect remotely to a Windows 2008 Terminal Server, the printer shows up, but I get an error when I tried to print a test page. There is no way of checking error.  All other printers that are loaded 

Student
michaelvge
Message 2 of 21 (20,876 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet Professional M1212nf does not print with Windows 2008 Server Terminal Services

Make sure you install the XPS driver on the server and the client.

just add the driver to the driver list on each computers print server properties driver tab.

Student
Phil47
Message 3 of 21 (20,138 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet Professional M1212nf does not print with Windows 2008 Server Terminal Services

Printer HP Laser Jet Professional M1212NF MFP

Server: 2008 Terminal Server

Server : 2008 Easy Print enabled  ( This should not required the instilation of printer drivers  with RDC 6.1 clients)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753853(WS.10).aspx

Client Windows XP SP 3

Remote Desktop Client: Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) 6.1

ISSUE:

When the user tries to print the  HP Laser Jet Professional M1212NF MFP shows as an available printer when connected to the Terminal Server.

No errors are displayed.

However nothing prints.

The user can print form local applications (i.e.) Notepad.EXE with no problem.

Student
vlan1414
Message 4 of 21 (19,806 Views)

can someone of HP help me ?

I have a LaserJet 1212nf used as network printer and my desktop is a Windows 7 Pro that connetcs to a Terminal Server with Windows Server 2008 R2. The problem is that nothing happens when I print from the terminal... no errors and nothing is printing... 

Honor Student
tonyfuenca
Message 5 of 21 (17,638 Views)

I have the same problem. We got a lot of LaserJet m1212nf printers, installed the SAME driver version on server and desktops and nothing is printed using Easy Print. No errors no messages only when a test page is prnted the server show an alert: "No test page can be printed".

After that we try to use the HP driver instead of the TS Easy Print, forcing the group policy to use the Hp driver first. But the terminal server always use the Easy Print driver so we are in the same way.

So we try another thing... THE XPS DRIVER... but it doesn't works on the desktop PC, we try to print a test page from the printer desktop properties but "No test page can be printed" is shown... my god!!!

WHAT CAN WE DO???

This printer is one of the worst HP printers all over the world and all over the HP printing manufacture history!!!

Student
jcsalfer
Message 6 of 21 (17,572 Views)

Is HP taking any action on this?

The driver package that is available from HP attempts to install the printer when run on the Windows Server 2008, but being the printer installed on the client the installation needs to be aborted and no drivers ever get installed. Is there a driver only package that we can download and add to the server?

The universal drivers are installed on the server, but apparently not helping in this situation.

Thanks,

John.

Student
echen
Message 7 of 21 (17,244 Views)

Just bough the Printer, then only come across this website. In deep problem now as the client not able to print via terminal server. Need a big favor to solve this matter as soon as possible. Try installed universal printer into windows server 2008 R2 x64 but not work.

Noticed the printer processor is not match with the printer universal driver that provide by HP.

Anyone has the solution yet?

Honor Student
tonyfuenca
Message 8 of 21 (17,213 Views)

Hp Universal Print driver doesn't works because it's PCL languaje based (I think) and the M1212 is Host based, so I think is not supported via Universal Driver.

Student
waldo86
Message 9 of 21 (16,869 Views)

I'm having the same problem by TS in Windows Server 2008 R2 x64, where my affiliatesfor this printer will not print, notepad TS (parameter incorrect) and the sitema simply does not leave any impression, I used the basic drive hp official site, please let me help ...

Provost
pcwizard
Message 10 of 21 (16,735 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi

Install the basic print driver from the link below.

HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf Multifunction Printer Drivers & Downloads

How to Installing the Printer Software on Windows Server 2003 or 2008

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation