10-10-2012 02:25 AM
Just bought above printer I am using win 7 and the printer will not install. (I have tried the install disc and download from HP website - same result) Gets to the end of the process then I get the following;
Install took too long etc. Please advise
10-10-2012 09:37 PM
Are you using a network connection when installing or a usb connection?
If you are using a network connection and receiving this error, please check your print server properites and see if you have any Universal Print Drivers installed. If you do, then you need to uninstall and delete these from your system, re-boot, and try and re-install the m451.
Steps to take:
1. uninstall all failed attemps of the m451 software from your system, reboot.
2. Check Print Server Properties for Universal Print Drivers, uninstall, delete, reboot.
3. Check in your Program Files, under any HP folders for Universal Print Drivers and delete from system, re-boot. (make sure you empty your recycle bin).
4. Download a fresh updated copy of the m451 driver from hp.com and try to re-install.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS