Re: HP Laserjet pro 400 Color M451dn (955 Views)
Honor Student
Gemini2601
Message 1 of 4 (1,077 Views)

HP Laserjet pro 400 Color M451dn

Just bought above printer I am using win 7 and the printer will not install. (I have tried the install disc and download from HP website - same result) Gets to the end of the process then I get the following;

Install took too long etc. Please advise

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 2 of 4 (1,052 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet pro 400 Color M451dn

Gemini2601,

Are you using a network connection when installing or a usb connection?

If you are using a network connection and receiving this error, please check your print server properites and see if you have any Universal Print Drivers installed. If you do, then you need to uninstall and delete these from your system, re-boot, and try and re-install the m451.

Steps to take:

1. uninstall all failed attemps of the m451 software from your system, reboot.

2. Check Print Server Properties for Universal Print Drivers, uninstall, delete, reboot.

3. Check in your Program Files, under any HP folders for Universal Print Drivers and delete from system, re-boot. (make sure you empty your recycle bin).

4. Download a fresh updated copy of the m451 driver from hp.com and try to re-install.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Honor Student
Gemini2601
Message 3 of 4 (1,048 Views)

Using a USB connection. Solved the problem myself - uninstalled and re-installed again works fine

Student
JMichaelZak
Message 4 of 4 (955 Views)

I have tried you steps and I still receive the same error message.  Any other suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation