Question

Student
MelSB
Message 1 of 2 (143 Views)

HP LasetJet M1536 MFP printing

I received an Error 79 message and was unable to print. I tried all the simple steps suggested in the Manual and on the Forum (turning on/off, plugging directly to a wall outlet) without any change. So, I deleted the software and reinstalled the appropriate firmware & drivers. However, despite 2 attempts, the drivers did not completely install. Now, while the printer does simple printing, the "Properties" function (which enables duplex printing) doesn't work - the message reads "hpmsn101.dll has stopped working."

What can I try next?  Any suggestions very welcome.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 2 (119 Views)

Re: HP LasetJet M1536 MFP printing

Welcome to the HP Forums MelSB,

I see by your post that you weren't able to fully install the printer software and are now getting the error "hpmsn101.dll has stopped working". I can help you with this issue.

The printer software unfortunately will have to be uninstalled and reinstalled again.

Make sure the printer is in a ready state.

Access the Print Server Properties. How to Locate Print Server Properties for Windows 7.

On the driver tab, remove the Laserjet and universal drivers and the PCL drivers.

Then in the devices and printers window, delete the printer.

If you are using a USB connection, disconnect the cable.

Uninstalling the Printer Software.

Then disable all the start up programs and temporarily turn off the Antivirus Software. How to use MSCONFIG .

Click on the start up tab and click disable all.

Then run the HP Printer Install Wizard fro Windows.

Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows.

Test the printer.

Then you will need to go back in and enable the start up programs and turn the Antivirus Software back on again.

If there is anything else that I can help you with just let me know.

Have a nice day! :smileyhappy:
Thank You.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation