Re: HP OJ 8500 Pro Network issues (1916 Views)
Top Student
swesemeyer
Message 1 of 5 (1,935 Views)

HP OJ 8500 Pro Network issues

Hiya,

I just got an OJ 8500 Pro (Firmware version DLM1FN0924AR, serial number: MY975530P0) and I can configure it via USB ok, ie it prints test pages and self-diagnostics via HP Solution Centre (v12) (haven't tried anything else yet, though).

However, as soon as I try connecting it via Ethernet/Wireless the problems start:

I can assign it a fixed IP address and I can ping it at the address. However, trying to access the printer's EWS crashes the printer immediately (the display shortly displays B830B712) before saying that I should turn it off and on again.

Trying to add the device when connected wirelessly fails during the last stage with a "can't communicate with the device error" after it detected it properly. I believe it sends a slp packet which crashes the printer (same "turn off device" error message).

Firewall port have been opened as well.

Furthermore, the printer won't power down at all. The display just shows "shutting down" and stays there for hours. I must unplug it to power it down completely.

Anyone experienced anything similar or has suggestions how to fix it?

Cheers,

Steve

Top Student
swesemeyer
Message 2 of 5 (1,916 Views)

Re: HP OJ 8500 Pro Network issues

Just replying to myself... Had an email exchange with tech support (very quick responses-impressive) and I'm getting a replacement unit as mine appears to be defective. Fingers crossed the next one will work properly.

Honor Student
malonmj
Message 3 of 5 (1,854 Views)

I have had terrible problems trying to install the software for the OJP 8500 A909a (networked, non-wireless version). Multiple sessions with HP online techs / no success / brand new computer has crashed twice / I returned the printer for credit to retailer today and they are checking out the PC to see that there was no fatal damage.

I'm not a techie, but it appears that driver is not compatible with my system (Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit).

Very frustrated and upset....

Honor Student
BigMoe
Message 4 of 5 (1,645 Views)

Dittos! THis printer is a piece of crap! Works wellif you don't want to use the digital filing feature. Of course that was the reason I purchased it!

Student
Base1
Message 5 of 5 (710 Views)

Network Status in "offline" how do I turn it back on?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation