12-27-2013 05:13 PM
About to install drivers for my printer to a new Windows 7 Pro computer. I prefer not to have a lot of annoying stuff popping up (which sometimes happens with full drivers) but at the same time, want the full copying, scanning, printing functionality of the printer.
Suggestions as to what I'd be missing if just going with the Basic drivers? Won't be doing any e-Printing, only using it at home.
Thanks, and glad to join the community!
01-08-2014 07:41 PM
I understand your concerns. I would recommend to install the full feature software for your Officejet 8600 Premium; as it contains the complete software. Although, when installing this software, you will see this option during the installation: "Customize Software Selection".
In this section, you can un-check software items that you don't want to install. The full feature software automatically comes with ePrint, but you don't have to sign up for it.
With the basic software, it doesn't contain fax capabilities: Just the basic scan and print drivers.
I hope this has answered your questions.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS