Question

Student
esseebee
Message 1 of 4 (550 Views)

HP OfficeJet K60xi

Hello,

One of our users has an HP OfficeJet K60xi all-in-one printer.  It's quite old, but continues to work well for her until she got a new machine with Win 7 Pro.  According to the HP site, Win 7 has the correct driver within the OS for her printer.  However, she cannot print either PDF files or labels.  PDF files kicks out one line of wingbat characters at the top of the page.

In the printer properties, I did change the Print Processor from winprint to hpzppWN7 > Raw [FF auto].  This still printed wingbats on the first page.  But, it correctly prints the pdf file on the second page successfully.  It stops printing almost at the very end of the page, so I press the cancel button to kick out the print, but the image shows up right.

The issue with her labels is it will print all but the last 2 lines of labels.  The print doesn't kick out, so she hits the cancel button to get the labels to come out.  The printer then prints the last 2 lines of the labels on the next page.  Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 4 (507 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet K60xi

This document may help with some of the differences involved in printing with and older printer in Win 7:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02660629&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=61736&tmp_t...

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Student
rip36
Message 3 of 4 (433 Views)

I had my pc reimaged at work and I no longer have the software to operate my k60xi.  Its been a great machine but i can only print now.   Is there anyway or place to find the software to run the scan/fax/ copy part of the machine.  Websites have the drivers but no software.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 4 of 4 (419 Views)

You can check out this docment which should resolve the issue with the garbled text on the first page: Continuous Pages of Strange or Garbled Characters Print in Windows

Let me know if this helps at all.

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation