Question
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Scanner Software
Replies (18)

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 11 of 19 (2,617 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Scanner Software

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that your scanning software is not functioning properly. I understand you have tried running the HP Print and Scan Doctor and you see a message saying the program has stopped working. I would like to help you and would need some more information from you to better target the problem.

Could you please respond to me with the following information:

Which OS are you running? Windows or Mac

What is your printers Model Number?

Are you able to successfully make a copy from the printer?

Are you seeing any other error messages when you try to scan?

I look forward to hearing from you! :smileyhappy:

Thank you,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Teacher
greenturtle
Message 12 of 19 (2,568 Views)

Hi,

One solution we can suggest if all else fails would be to Uninstall and Reinstall the software.

When mentioned "Webscan" doesn't work, we assume that Webscan was enabled (via the adminitrator settings).

If you've tried accessing the Printer via the IP address (Embedded Web Server) and it doesn't work, chances are the printer is not connected to the network.

Do let us know if Uninstalling and Reinstalling the SW resolves your problem.  Thanks.

Honor Student
Clapper-Loader
Message 13 of 19 (1,911 Views)

The "HP Print & Scan Doctor" does not work on Win 8.1.

Where do I find Scanner Drivers?
Student
h10122
Message 14 of 19 (1,857 Views)

I am having issues with using the scanner when I am going through the ocument feeder and want to scan it to a recipient's email address. It kept saying I am not set up with digital scanning. Please advice

Teacher
greenturtle
Message 15 of 19 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]

You can find the scanner drivers by installing the Software for the OJP 8600.

Go to this link to download the software:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html

Type in your printer model and select the appropriate drivers.

"It kept saying I am not set up with digital scanning. Please advice"

Setting up Digital scanning requires the software to be installed.

Once installed, launch the Printer assistant.

Under Scan options, there should be a "Scan to E-mail Wizard" and "Scan to Network Folder Wizard" option.

Use the appropriate wizard to set up digital scanning from the front panel.

Enjoy!

Click the KUDOS STAR on the left if this has helped you in any way.

Honor Student
Jthomp
Message 16 of 19 (892 Views)

Similar problems to prior messages. Just got an Officejet Pro 8600. Now 10 hours invested and getting nowhere I am hoping for some help. Installed as a wired printer and printing works fine, copying works fine, fax - not needed so have not set up. Then there is scanning...If I try and scan from the touch pad on the printer to the computer it sends a message to the computer that the HP 8600 is not found. If I try and scan from the computer it fails to find the scanner. HP Print and Scan Doctor hangs up on the Driver Check with a message that the driver cannot communicate with the printer. Followed its instructions numerous times with no change in status. Tried the hppiw.exe, it said the basic drivers were either not installed or improperly installed, but none of the fix suggestions seemed to do anything. Running Windows 7, all updates except 4 optional ones have been installed. Tried HP Update and it has said at various times No Update Required or when I tried to update the firmware (as that file seemed newer) it indicated it was not appropriate. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

Honor Student
Jthomp
Message 17 of 19 (889 Views)

Forgot to mention I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times with no changes in results.

John

Student
lmboyer
Message 18 of 19 (454 Views)

I absolutly HATE this printer!!!!!!  

Student
MAIRA64
Message 19 of 19 (88 Views)

SCANNER IS NOT INSTALLED AND ICON NOT WORKING.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation