HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Scanner Software (27715 Views)
Honor Student
dleman
Message 1 of 18 (27,715 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Scanner Software

I am running Windows Vista and just purchased the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 printer. I am having a hell of a time with this printer and am seriously considering returning it if I can't get this figured out asap.

When I open the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 software, the main panel opens I double click on the "Scanner Actions" button, and then the "Scan Document or Photo" button, nothing happens. I can not get the scanner software to open so that I can control my scan options from the computer.

As well, from the printer control pad, when I go to scan, I am only able to "Scan to Network Folder" and am unable to scan to computer. The message that I am getting is "Computer is Unavailable".

I am able to "Scan to Network Folder" so I am not overly concerned with that issue however, I need to be able to access the scanner software so that I can adjust my scan settings etc on my computer.

I purchase the unit for the wireless. I could not access the software while connected with wireless so I attempted to connect via usb. No difference what so ever.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software 4 times so far. 2 times from the CD and 2 times from the software available on the HP site.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 18 (27,701 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Scanner Software

Hey dleman. Sorry to hear your having issues and I appreciate your detailed messages. I would try using the HP Print & Scan Doctor. This tool will try to resolve the issue for you and provide a specific code if it can not resolve the issue.

Let me know how it goes and if it does not solve the issue we can go from there.

Thanks

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
Jimbo1943
Message 3 of 18 (27,262 Views)

Worked for me. Apparently it was a WIA issue. Got it running now. Thank you!

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 4 of 18 (27,217 Views)

Awesome! Glad to hear it was able to resolve the issue. If you every have any other issues dont hesitate to post them.

Take care!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
Daniel77
Message 5 of 18 (26,064 Views)

Hello, i have the same problem... How did you solve the WIA issue?
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 18 (25,996 Views)

HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Scanner Software

Before you check the WIA services, you will need to check if that is the problem or not. Run the Print and Scan doctor linked in SeanS's post above, and see what it says the error is. It may even be able to repair it. Let me know what happens.
Signature
Honor Student
dleman
Message 7 of 18 (25,993 Views)

Thanks, just remembered my login information.

The HP print and scan doctor came up with no errors. Still could not connect.

Eventually I found something some where where it told me that it will not dedicate unless you have a windows password set. I did not have a windows password set and therefore it would not allow wireless network connectivity.

When doing a clean install of windows 7, I made sure to set it up with a password. I then reinstalled the HP drivers and when I connected to the printer... No problems what so ever. Every feature works. Don't know what will happen though when it comes time for me to change my password.
Student
Enri_gmj
Message 8 of 18 (25,846 Views)

My hp officejet pro 8600 the scanner doesn't work please help me to resolve my problem even the webscan doesn't work too.

Teacher
greenturtle
Message 9 of 18 (16,859 Views)

Hi Enri_gmj

Sorry to hear about your problem. But is your printer conencted to the network?

Can you try the Print and Scan doctor at the follwoing link?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02073861&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/cc...

Let us know if it works.

Click on "Kudos" if the solution works.
Student
rbrothers
Message 10 of 18 (12,295 Views)

Same problems as others seem to be having with scanning.  The HP Scanner Doctor does not help as I get a message to say that the program has stopped working. ??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation