HP Officejet 4500 G510g windows 7 64 bit impossible to download working driver from HP (138 Views)
Top Student
zax5
Message 1 of 8 (138 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet 4500 G510g windows 7 64 bit impossible to download working driver from HP

Hi

I am connecting to an HP officejet 4500 with no installation discs.   I have been trying to download driver from HP .  All the installations just advise tht it has stopped working.  I have downloaded the correct drivers from HP website using Chrome and IE but same issues.   It would appear that HP just do not have any "working drivers" available for this printer.   

I am aware that I need to not have the usb cable attached when installing the driver.  I have now tried installing same driver so many times now maybe I need to uninstal the previous driver instal attempts.

Either way, the HP printer ran out of warrenty Nov 2011 so I cannot chat direct to HP but guess could call them at a cost but just to get a working driver this should not be necessary.

The Product code of the printer appears to be CB867A.

Any advice much appreciated as otherwise it will have to go in the bin and never HP again.

Cheers

Top Student
zax5
Message 2 of 8 (130 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4500 G510g windows 7 64 bit impossible to download working driver from HP

Hi
The drivers I have downloaded so far are

OJ4500 vG510a-f_Full_13_en
OJ4500 vG510a-f_ Basic_13en

I have also downloaded the HP wizard thing.

Nothing successfully installs or operates.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 3 of 8 (126 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4500 G510g windows 7 64 bit impossible to download working driver from HP

Hi,

The downloaded drivers listed in your previous post are not intended for your model, but for the Officejet 4500 Desktop model.

Dowload and install the full software below to get full functionality of your device:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-80344-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
zax5
Message 4 of 8 (122 Views)

Hi

Thank you for this information.

I have downloaded the driver

OJ4500vG510g_m_Full_13-en.exe

I have previously tried this particular one before.

However when I run the exe file (without the usb cable for printer plugged in)  it just comes back saying 

HP installer set up has stopped working 

It then asks to - reinstall using recommended settings   it extracts the files and still does not complete.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thank You

Top Student
zax5
Message 5 of 8 (116 Views)

Hi Shlomi
I have already tried this exe file and it does the same thing as the other offerings from HP that are designed for this printer and windows 7 64 bit. Every time the message is - HP installer set up has stopped working. At this stage it would appear that HP just do not support a driver that can work and operate with a windows 7 64 bit configuration. This is a bit crazy considering that the printer is in great condition.
Top Student
zax5
Message 6 of 8 (112 Views)

Hi  There appears to be a problem with AMD C50 and C60 1Ghz processors  and there is a patch

See

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=3919449&lc=en&cc=us&docname=c03030583

I have followed this link and downloaded the patch  however the printer it is trying to instal is

HP Officejet 4500 G510a-f  and my printer is "g"   not "a-f".

I cannot send a test page to the printer so maybe my USB cable is damaged.   Until I check a new cable or check this one with somebody elses printer I woont know for sure if this patch is working as it is still not talking with the laptop.

It took ages to figure this conflict with the AMD processor -   

Looks like I will be buying a different printer in future  - never had so much trouble before and its still not resolved.

Will update once I change the cable.

John

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 7 of 8 (105 Views)

Hi John,

First of all, click the start button and type %temp% within the search box.

Open the listed Temp folder.

Remove any of this folder's contrent by clicking CTRL + A and then the Delete key.

Any of this contect is a temporary content and can be deleted with no issues.

Next run the OJ4500vG510g_m_Full_13-en.exe once again.

Once the error appears again, run the patch as you listed on your previous post once again.

If it still points to the A-F folder, open the newly created HP folder within the same Temp folder, copy its path and paste it into the patch once it shows the installation path and check for any change.

Please let me know if that may help,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
zax5
Message 8 of 8 (93 Views)

Hi Shlomi

Many thanks for your time and effort in helping with this issue.   I am most grateful.   Your advice regarding the deletion of the temp folder and re applying the correct exe file followed by the patch  allowwed the patch to connect itself to the correct printer exe .

The printer has now installed itself and is working perfectly.

I still have to test the scanning and faxing but at least I can print from the laptop which is great.

Thank you again for your assistance without which I would have been buying a new printer.

Regards

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation