Question

Honor Student
rrgreer
Message 1 of 7 (1,039 Views)

HP Officejet 5610 All-in-one Software won't install

I have a Officejet 5610 all-in-one which was previously functioning fine on my notebook with Windows 7.

In trying to fix a problem with the all-in-one, I uninstalled the software.

When i tried to re-install, i could only get the print function to work.  It was apparent that the software did not fully re-install as I no longer had access to the HP Solution Center.  I can no longer get the device to scan.

I tried to download the software online.  Although the installation wizard appeared on my screen, it would not fully install the software (just stopped in the middle and disappeared).

I have tried repeatedly to fix this.  I have downloaded the scan doctor, etc. but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 7 (1,022 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 5610 All-in-one Software won't install

Hello rrgreer,

It sounds like the uninstall did not work completely. I recommend to 'scrub" all the HP printer drivers/software from your computer and reinstall by doing the following:

From Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L4uninstall.bat

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-75052-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

OR

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L4uninstall.bat

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-75052-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
rrgreer
Message 3 of 7 (1,003 Views)

Gordon,

Thank you very much for the detailed reply, but unfortunately, your suggestion did not work.  The installation wizare appears on the screed after the download, but just stops, and disappears, about 30 seconds in.

A few other comments:

-  for ignorant layman like myself, the means to get to the "run field" is not self-evident.  I had to separately look that up.

-  There were about 20 folders that began with 7z.  I just found one which had a util folder and used that for the rest of your steps.

- the correct name of the file (in your #5) is Uninstall_L4.bat.  (You had L4uninstall.bat)

Don't mean to be persnicketly, but thought you might want to be aware.

Again, many thanks for spending the time to respond.

Not sure what I did to my computer when I did the first uninstall of the software, but perhaps I did it in a manner that fools the wizard into thinking the software is still on my hard drive.  I will tell you that in addition to using the Windows uninstall function, I went into my c: drive (via Windows Explorer) and deleted other files that appeared to be related to HP.

Regards

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 4 of 7 (1,000 Views)

To make sure ti is the right uninstall.bat, I would delete all of the current 7z folders, run the installer once, then proceed with the steps I listed previously as there should be only one 7z folder at that point.

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
rrgreer
Message 5 of 7 (980 Views)

Unfortunately, the software still wouldn't install.  The wizard/installer comes on, works for a short while (including asking me to agree to terms), and then quickly closes out.  The final thing I noticed before the installer disappeared, however, is that it said "applying updates" (where before it said "checking for updates."  This makes me think that somehow the installer is being "fooled " into thinking the software is on the computer, when it is actually not.

The 5610 is partially functional.  I can still print.  I can scan if I open up the printer on the control panel and manually tell it to scan.  But the HP solutions Center is not on my computer, as far as I can tell.

A couple more comments.  One, is that i previously tried  a system restore to an earlier point, hoping that would remedy the probelm (it did not).  Two, is that when I follwed the second procedure you suggested (ie, removing all the 7Z files and re-running the installer, I thereafter  still found two 7Z files.  Only one of them had a Util sub folder so I just used taht one to run the L4 uninstall>bat file.

Thanks again for your help.  This is driving me crazy and I'm on the verge of just buying a new/different printer.

Regards,

Teacher
pctech33
Message 6 of 7 (976 Views)

Go to www.hp.com Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.

Message 7 of 7 (959 Views)

Ok, even though you are not receiving an error, the following article has alot of good general troubleshooting you can try:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02455020&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3192753#N38...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation