Question

Top Student
UncleJohnny61
Message 1 of 6 (6,706 Views)

HP Officejet 6210 Software on Windows 7

I have just bought a new computer (Windows 7). The new computer recognized the HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One printer and I can print documents (drivers are not the problem).

However, the problem is that when I try to install the HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One S/W from the CD (HP Director, HP Officejet 6200 Series fax, and all the other nice S/W that came with the printer), it will not install under Windows 7.

How do I install the HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One S/W (HP Director, HP Officejet 6200 Series fax, and all the other nice S/W that came with the printer) for Windows 7? I am not really interested in work arounds, as I have read these on other posts.  I am interested on how to install the HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One S/W on my new computer with Windows 7.

Is HP going to release a Windows 7 S/W update so the above S/W may be installed and run?

Top Student
kentm
Message 2 of 6 (6,634 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6210 Software on Windows 7

I used the Vista drivers and all functions work except the option for adding a cover page from file when using the print to fax function is missing.

Honor Student
Choc
Message 3 of 6 (5,230 Views)

The sales guy at Best Buy checked, to make sure my HP 6210 was compatible with Win 7 on my new Dell Studio XPS (Model 8100) Dell desktop and Laptop N1700 Inspiron.  Ho Ho HO, suddenly, I hear Santa Claus laughing!  It will print...however, it won't load the HP software so scan, fax, etc. are losers!!!  The Dell XPS is 64 or 32 bit selectable.  Neither mode works.

I think HP is lagging behind in supporting it's customers.

Top Student
WalterSchweiger
Message 4 of 6 (5,211 Views)

I have the very same problem with my new Dell studio xps 9100 running Win 7 and my HP officejet pro l7680.

You are not alone.

HP says their driver for the L7680 works and is compatible with Win 7.  WRONG!!!

If you all find a remedy, or revised S/W, let me know.

Student
J-Peter
Message 5 of 6 (3,547 Views)

Why does HP keep pushing us back  to Driver Download when they know it does not work.

Top Student
noelpg21
Message 6 of 6 (405 Views)

I know this thread is about 3 years old but I actually got the HP Officejet 6210 full featured software package to work under Windows 7.

However, you need the following files:

AIO_CDB_Full_Non-Network_enu_NB.exe  [The Vista version of the HP Full Featured Software Set for Officejet 6210] (163.28Mb)

If necessary, run this full EXE package in Vista compatibility mode on Windows 7.

dot4patch_reboot.exe [required to fix critical problems with the HP Officejet 6210 software under Windows 7] (1.22Mb)

You must reboot the computer after running this patch.  Even if you did not upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and just installed the Vista version of the HP Full Featured Software package for this printer on a clean Windows 7 installation, that patch is still needed.

It's just too bad version 13 (and later) of the HP Full Fetaured Printing Software Packages don't support the Officejet 6200 series (like the 6210 printer) anymore and those are fully compatible with Windows 7.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation