05-16-2014 11:22 AM
URGENT! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!! HELP!!
I deleted my printer's download when i was having problems setting up printing from my phone intending to reinstall it. Only AFTER deletion did I realize that I have misplaced my CD. I have the manual and all of my notes from initial installation. How can I download/INSTALL from internet?
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
05-16-2014 01:08 PM
It is OK... You can get the download from your printer's webpages.
General Instructions to Install the Printer Software
· Open HP Drivers & Downloads
· Enter your Printer Model information
· Select your Printer from the “Results” list
· Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu
· Click NEXT and Scroll down
· Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
· Select the Basic Driver, e-print, or Full Feature Software
· Save the *.exe installation package(s) on your computer
The file(s) will likely save to the "Downloads “folder.
If available, you may wish to download the Print and Scan Doctor and / or other programs from Category – Utilities
Install Utilities / Tools first; the little installation packages are smaller in size
· If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select run as Administrator and install.
· Look at the bottom half of the main webpage for your printer for helpful videos to assist with the installation of the printer software!
· Scroll the video list back and forth until you find the video that most closely matches your situation.
· USB connection: Download and install the driver software before connecting a USB cable.
· Ethernet: If the printer supports Ethernet, you may connect the printer to the network (and assign the printer an IP address at the router, if you like). Once the printer is connected to the network, be sure the printer is turned on and then install the printer software.
· After the initial installation is complete and working, install relevant updates - check Category - Update
There is valuable information at the printer’s website, including manuals, how-to pages, a Troubleshooting and SOLUTIONS section, and alerts and notifications for your printer. Be sure to take an extended look at what is available. Bookmark the page.
Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show appreciation and say Thanks.
Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP.