02-19-2014 03:51 PM
I 've seen posts on this board that recommend solutions where the upgrades are from Vista to Win 7, but not from Win XP to Win 7. Loading AIO_CDB_FSW_Full_Win_WW_130_141 had the effect of replacing the Win 7 window that told me to turn the paper over with the new result of no duplex printing at all. Changing the Printer Properties and Printer Preferences to enable duplexing and Print On Both Sides automatically did nothing but cause the single page printing to persist with the odd pages coming out upside down. Removing the duplex unit and reinstalling it did nothing either. What do you suggest please? Thank you very much for your time.
02-21-2014 09:05 AM
Because you have the correct software installed, my first suggestion is to simply remove the driver from the printer server properties and then re-add it again. Please follow the instructions below.
1. In the ‘Devices and Printers’ folder
2. Choose ‘Print server properties’.
- Win XP – With no printer selected, click ‘File’ then ‘Server Properties’.
- Windows Vista – With no printer selected, press ‘Alt’ then click ‘File’ then ‘Server Properties’.
- Windows 7/8 and 8.1 – Select any printer in the ‘Devices and Printers’ folder and click ‘Print Server properties’ above.
3. Click on the ‘Drivers’ tab at the top of ‘Print server properties’ window
4. Choose the printer you want to uninstall and click ‘Remove’
5. Choose 'Remove driver only'
6. The next screen will give a warning, letting you know that deleting the driver package will remove it from the system. Click ‘Yes’ to say that you are sure you want to do this.
If documents are stuck in the print spooler, you may see an error, cancel any documents pending in the print queue r or try restarting the print spooler, then try to remove the driver from ‘Print server properties’ again. If it still won’t remove the package, restarting the computer and the printer should resolve this ‘in use’ error and allow the driver to be removed.
After the driver is removed, open Start > All Programs > HP folder > Printer folder > HP Setup and Software or the printer icon to launch the Printer Assistant. Both the Setup and Software and the Printer Assistant will guide you through connecting a new printer.
Please let me know if this helps or if you require additional assistance.
02-21-2014 04:46 PM
Thank you very much for your advice. Unfortunately I keep getting this same Print Server Properties error message:
"Unable to remove HP Officejet 7400 series, x64, type 3 - User Mode driver. The specified printer driver is currently in use."
I get the above message even after restarting the print spooler per your instructions and restarting the computer. I’ve also tried turning off the HP 7410 and setting some other printer as the default printer before restarting the print spooler and restarting the computer but I still get the same Print Server Properties error message. Please advise. Thank you.
02-24-2014 08:27 AM
Thank you for your efforts and patience. Plan B, let's completely remove all HP printer software and start fresh. Please use the instructions below.
- Hold down the Windows Logo key ( ) on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type %temp%
- Delete all files and folders from the temp folder. Choose skip if any pop ups appear saying any of the files could not be deleted
- Download the software and choose to save as, save to desktop > HP Officejet 7410 All-in-One Printer Full Feature Software and Drivers
- After the software downloads and extracts, open the temp folder again, use the instructions from step 1.
- Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
- Open folder Util
- Open folder CCC
- If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe
- When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
- Follow these steps to reset the registry settings and options for Windows Installer.
- Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box
- In the Open box, type msiexec /unreg, and then click OK.
- Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box
- In the Open box, type msiexec /regserver, and then click OK
- Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tool
- Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads
- Restart the computer
- Download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, thanks.
02-24-2014 04:27 PM
Thank you very much for your time as well. I have done as you requested. The steps worked per your instructions until the last step. Downloading and running the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows results in the following:
1) When the Wizard gets to the step where it needs to recognize the 7410 as being USB-attached, it cannot,even though it is. I checked the USB connections at both ends and they remain as snug as ever. So I bypassed that issue by continuing.
2) At the end, when one can either exit the Wizard or accept its offer to have it download more software, either choice results in the Wizard repeating the 20-30 minute download (generic DSL speed). So the only way out of that loop is to select Cancel.
3) After all that, printing 2-sided has climbed back to the less crippled state it was in when I accepted Win 7's printer installation and before I downloaded the AIO_CDB_FSW_Full_Win_WW_130_141 software. In other words, when attempting to print 2-sided, a window comes up instructing me to turn the printed page over and around. This is better than no 2-sided printing where every other 1-sided print comes out turned around, but is not what we are looking for and will certainly be cumbersome on larger jobs.
Your advice, please! Thanks again very much for your time.
02-25-2014 07:56 AM
Thanks for the update and additional information. I believe the following document will help with the USB issue. Windows: 'Device Setup Failed to Complete' or 'Unknown Device' Message Displays on the Computer Duri....
I suspect the issue lies with the driver. If we can clear the Device Manager of the printer, whether is is listed under printer or unknown device, we should then be able to return to my first post and remove the driver from the printer server properties.
Once this is competed, we can run the Printer Install Wizard again. Please let me know the outcome of this trial.
03-06-2014 07:48 PM
I apologize for my delayed response to you. I needed to set aside sufficient time to complete your recommendations.
All recommendations listed in the " Windows: 'Device Setup Failed to Complete' or 'Unknown Device' Message Displays on the Computer Duri...." document through the end of "Solution three: Completely uninstall and reinstall the HP software" have now been completed. This marks the third time I have uninstalled and reinstalled the HP software based on HP's recommendations. After all this work we are back to where we started - printing on two sides is still accomplished manually only. One must let the odd # pages print and then turn the stack around for printing the even # pages per the "Print on Both Sides Instruction" window.
Since I see no evidence of any patches in the HP software I've now installed 3x, I'm thinking it may be time to acknowledge that nobody has gotten a 7410 to print on both sides any way but manually on Windows 7. This printer worked as designed on Win XP only one month ago. It stopped printing both sides automatically the day it was attached to a Windows 7 PC. I see no point in dredging out the retired Win XP PC just to prove that point again via "Solution four: Install the HP printer on another computer", nor do I see any point in spending more time and $ on this old print bucket via "Solution five: Service the printer".
03-25-2015 08:41 AM
Had the same problem. Printer preferences would not allow double-sided printing. Needed to tell Windows 7 to install duplexer. It is buried pretty deep:
Go to Devices and Printers.
Right-click HP 7410 and select Printer Properties.
Under General tab, push Change Properties button.
Enter administrator password if prompted.
Under Device Settings tab, select Duplex Unit and set to Installed.