04-25-2012 11:46 AM
I am having issues with scanning using the HP solution centre. So I downloaded the Scan Diagnostics Utility. The result provided mentioned that the driver is corrupt. I reinstalled the entire printer software and driver suite several times but the issue remains.
Things I have tried so far.
1. Reset printer using instructions in the manual.
2. Turned off the printer, unplugged the power cable as per the instructions provided by hp solutions centre.
3. Reinstalled the complete software and driver package several times. As per the instructions provided.
I tried every trick provided by HP for this, but just no luck.
04-25-2012 12:33 PM
Please clarify any specific error message you may see.
Any specific behavior while scanning?
Make sure to provide as many details as possible (e.g during the scan preview, during the save process, etc.)
Is it a clean Windows 7 installation or upgrade from any previous OS?
Is the driver directly connected?
Make sure to use a USB not longer than 2-3m long, directly connected to the back of the PC. Also verify it is directly connected and not through any USB hub or extension.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
04-25-2012 05:12 PM
Clean win 7 64 bit install. All updates applied.
Printer connected using usb2.0.
Everything was working fine untill a couple of months ago. I have tried using all the following tools.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS