HP Officejet J6480 All-in-one cannot print automatic duplex on Windows 7 64 bit (1766 Views)
Student
msardesai
Message 1 of 10 (1,766 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet J6480 All-in-one cannot print automatic duplex on Windows 7 64 bit

I have installed the driver OJJ6400_Full_13.exe and cannot find the Automatic Duplex printing option.

Please let me know what is to be done.

Top Student
Fascenda
Message 2 of 10 (1,640 Views)

Re: HP Officejet J6480 All-in-one cannot print automatic duplex on Windows 7 64 bit

I have the same problem, is there any solution to this?  I've had the printer on a Vista 32-bit machine for a couple years, just moved it to a Windows 7 64-bit and encountered this problem.  I've tried installing everything I can find, but it still offers only "manual" for printing on two sides.

Top Student
Fascenda
Message 3 of 10 (1,639 Views)

Re: HP Officejet J6480 All-in-one cannot print automatic duplex on Windows 7 64 bit

Took awhile to find it, but the solution is at Add the Duplex Unit.  Seems obvious now that I know.

• On the Windows taskbar, Click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Devices and printers .
  • Right-click the printer icon ( ) for your product, click Printer Properties , and then click the product. The Printer Properties window opens.
  • Click the Device Settings tab.
  • If necessary, click the plus sign (+ ) next to Installable Options to expand the list.
  • Click Duplex Unit , and then click Installed .
  • Click Apply , and then click OK .
Student
cessna24395
Message 4 of 10 (1,590 Views)

Thanks for the Post Fascenda, I was having the same problem as everyone else on this post, I followed your instructions posted and fixed the issue!

Thanks again!

Honor Student
CBinNC
Message 5 of 10 (1,264 Views)

I'm having the same issue.  I followed the instructions and found the Printer Properties.  Unfortunately, it already shows the the Duplex Unit is installed.  Any other ideas?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 10 (1,230 Views)

@CBinNC  Are you using the Officejet J6480 printer as well?  I assume you are, but I have to be sure.

What OS are you using?

Do you have the full feature software and driver package installed?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
CBatNC
Message 7 of 10 (1,210 Views)

Thanks for your message.  Yes I am using a J6480.  My OS is Windows 7 with the full feature software and driver package installed.  I had continued researching the issue and found some posts indicating that the feature didn't work on Windows 7.

Sorry about my ID changing.  When I followed the link in the email I received to view your reply I came in through a new password screen and had to reregister.  Then I was forced to register a new screen name.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 8 of 10 (1,187 Views)

There should be a setting for duplexing under a section called Paper Saving Options in the Printer Preferences under the Features tab.

1. Click on the Start menu.
  2. Click on Devices and Printers.
  3. Right-Click on your printer.
  4. Select Printing Preferences.
  5. Click on the Features tab.
  6. In the section called Paper Saving Options, click the drop down box under Two-sided Printing, and select Automatic.
  7. Click Apply to save the change.
  8. Click OK to close the window.
  9. Try printing.

That should be all you need to do to enable automatic duplexing.  Let me know what happens. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
CBinNC
Message 9 of 10 (1,178 Views)

This solved it.  Thank you so much.  I've awarded a kudo.  Now I just need to find the Accept as Solution button. 

I also remembered my UID and password for my original screen name.  Woohoo!

Thanks, again, for finding my post, replying and offering the solution that worked.

CBinNC

Tutor
Gmar205
Message 10 of 10 (304 Views)

HP Officejet J6480 All-in-one cannot print automatic duplex on Windows 7 64 bit

So glad this was still out here.  Had to rebuild my Vista-64 box and installed Win 7-64.  This was a real head ache until I found this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation