04-16-2011 07:50 PM
I have installed the driver OJJ6400_Full_13.exe and cannot find the Automatic Duplex printing option.
Please let me know what is to be done.
This question was solved. View Solution.
08-04-2011 06:15 AM
I have the same problem, is there any solution to this? I've had the printer on a Vista 32-bit machine for a couple years, just moved it to a Windows 7 64-bit and encountered this problem. I've tried installing everything I can find, but it still offers only "manual" for printing on two sides.
08-04-2011 07:11 AM
Took awhile to find it, but the solution is at Add the Duplex Unit. Seems obvious now that I know.
- On the Windows taskbar, Click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Devices and printers .
- Right-click the printer icon ( ) for your product, click Printer Properties , and then click the product. The Printer Properties window opens.
- Click the Device Settings tab.
- If necessary, click the plus sign (+ ) next to Installable Options to expand the list.
- Click Duplex Unit , and then click Installed .
- Click Apply , and then click OK .
09-19-2011 03:29 PM
Thanks for the Post Fascenda, I was having the same problem as everyone else on this post, I followed your instructions posted and fixed the issue!
01-27-2013 07:47 PM
I'm having the same issue. I followed the instructions and found the Printer Properties. Unfortunately, it already shows the the Duplex Unit is installed. Any other ideas?
02-05-2013 03:09 PM
@CBinNC Are you using the Officejet J6480 printer as well? I assume you are, but I have to be sure.
What OS are you using?
Do you have the full feature software and driver package installed?
02-07-2013 04:51 AM
Thanks for your message. Yes I am using a J6480. My OS is Windows 7 with the full feature software and driver package installed. I had continued researching the issue and found some posts indicating that the feature didn't work on Windows 7.
Sorry about my ID changing. When I followed the link in the email I received to view your reply I came in through a new password screen and had to reregister. Then I was forced to register a new screen name.
02-08-2013 12:11 PM
There should be a setting for duplexing under a section called Paper Saving Options in the Printer Preferences under the Features tab.
- Click on the Start menu.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Right-Click on your printer.
- Select Printing Preferences.
- Click on the Features tab.
- In the section called Paper Saving Options, click the drop down box under Two-sided Printing, and select Automatic.
- Click Apply to save the change.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Try printing.
That should be all you need to do to enable automatic duplexing. Let me know what happens.
02-09-2013 05:49 AM
This solved it. Thank you so much. I've awarded a kudo. Now I just need to find the Accept as Solution button.
I also remembered my UID and password for my original screen name. Woohoo!
Thanks, again, for finding my post, replying and offering the solution that worked.
04-01-2014 09:28 PM
So glad this was still out here. Had to rebuild my Vista-64 box and installed Win 7-64. This was a real head ache until I found this.