Re: HP Officejet J6480, Can't find Twain Plugin (3002 Views)
Student
rpoland
Message 1 of 3 (3,052 Views)

HP Officejet J6480, Can't find Twain Plugin

Can't find Twain Plugin, does it exist?

Software disk doesn't show what software is/isn't installed. 

Top Student
Musil
Message 2 of 3 (3,002 Views)

Re: HP Officejet J6480, Can't find Twain Plugin

my own search for this lead me to HP saying to set up twain from the other guy's software, which for me is adobe photoshop. i just opened that to make sure this reply is accurate.

yup. in PSP, File>Import> HPtwain.

what i cant recall is actually doing that.

it was a couple months ago. i know i was really frustrated, especially that it felt like HP thinks twain has something to do with the asteroid belt or the outer planets and no one goes there anyway.

so its possible i had to go into PSP's preferences to set this, or that it just recognized it. i guess i was in a galaxy cluster at the edge of space then.

ciao 

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 3 of 3 (2,991 Views)

Re: HP Officejet J6480, Can't find Twain Plugin

AFAIK, the TWAIN drivers for the printer are automatically installed when the USB cable of the printer is plugged in. If it is a network printer, then the TWAIN driver is installed during the software and drivers installation.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation